Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

EDocman with multiple groups and Membership Pro

• Stefano Bettega
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #22137 by Stefano Bettega
EDocman with multiple groups and Membership Pro was created by Stefano Bettega
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out if EDocman is suitable for the site I'm actually building for one of my customers. The site will have about 700 subscribers, falling into 6/7 groups. Each group can access one or more categories of documents, each one containing many documents. For instance say we have such a access plan:
Code:
Group Cat.A Cat.B Cat.C Group 1 Y Y Group 2 Y Y Group 3 Y Y Group 4 Y Y Y

I would like to know if such a configuration can be achieved using EDocman and Joomla 2.5 groups. It seems also to be possible to edit files and categories description, but do they show up to all users or are they visible only to users that can access them? And what about file linking? Is file URL obfuscated in any way so that it cannot be linked? I saw in this forum how I could have a file downloaded by multiple groups, assigning each file to a level, and then a groups to a level, but this is impossible as there are too many files to categorize.

Moreover I would like to know if your Membership Pro extension can be used for "passive" user registration: users cannot subscribe plans on their own, but they're required to contact the custormer, negotiate the correct subscription plan, pay by Bank Account and then they will be registrered to the site by an administrator.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Stefano
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Stefano Bettega.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano Bettega
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #22339 by Stefano Bettega
Replied by Stefano Bettega on topic Re: EDocman with multiple groups and Membership Pro
:dry: no answer yet...

looking to the extension documentation it seems that such a configuration cannot be created, as a category can be assigned to one and only one group. is it true? the only way to solve my problem is to create a category for each file asdiscussed in the forum, but this it's not applicable in my site, as there are too many documents and users

More
11 years 4 months ago #22344 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: EDocman with multiple groups and Membership Pro
Hi Stefano

Yes. It is possible using EDocman and Joomla core ACL. Basically, with your requirement, the steps are :

1. For each category, create a new access Level and choose the groups which can access to this category for this access level.

2. Set access attribute for this category to the new access level you just created.

So if you don't have large number of categories, it will be possible !

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam