Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

How are file versions handled

• Best Best
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #2026 by Best Best
How are file versions handled was created by Best Best

Customers can come back to your site later to download future versions of the purchased documents.

I got this quote from the products page for Document Seller. I'm just wondering how this is done or if you can elaborate on this.
Specifically I'm thinking of if I sell software and I release version 1.0 and then later release a newer version, eg 1.1.
So the use case is :
  1. A customer buys version 1.0 and downloads it.
  2. I release version 1.1 and add it to the site
  3. Later on, the customer returns to the site and wants to download the newer 1.1 version.
What would I do to allow this. Would I create a new item for version 1.1 and link it somehow with the version 1.0 so that all the people who bought 1.0 have access to 1.1, or would I update the version 1.0 item with the 1.1 file ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 3 months ago #2043 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:How are file versions handled

What would I do to allow this. Would I create a new item for version 1.1 and link it somehow with the version 1.0 so that all the people who bought 1.0 have access to 1.1, or would I update the version 1.0 item with the 1.1 file ?

=> If you create a new item, customers will need to purchase the item again before downloading. Right now, the solution is that you update the item by replace the file of version 1.0 with the file in version 1.1 or you can put the two versions in one zip file .

Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

• Best Best
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #2060 by Best Best
Replied by Best Best on topic Re:How are file versions handled
Ok thanks,

How about the

Subscriptions feature : Allow you to define subscription plan :
* Choose documents available for users if they purchased this plan .
* Choose the time range which users can download the documents .

Does this allow me to say set up a subscription to a category containing my different versions.
Or if i have a new version, could I add it to a pre-existing subscription so that all users who have that subscription will get the new version?

The front end demo seems really nice, but it would be nice to see either a backend demo or some screenshots perhaps which may help.

thanks,.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 3 months ago #2073 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi
Currently, the subscriptions feature is not available in version 2.5, we will implement it in version 2.6 as specified in document.

Or if i have a new version, could I add it to a pre-existing subscription so that all users who have that subscription will get the new version?

=> Yes, you just need to create a new document and assign this document to the susbcription plan . Customers who paid for this plan can download all documents attached to this plan .

Regarding the screenshots of back-end, I will make some screenshots and show it soon .

Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 3 months ago #2103 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I added some screenshoots of back-end of DMS on the demo site . You can view it by accessing this link :

dms.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...icle&id=43&Itemid=18

You can also view it by accessing to menu item Screenshoots from demo site .

Thanks ,
Ossolution Team

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam