Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Event Booking/jNews

• cyberspeed
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17747 by cyberspeed
Event Booking/jNews was created by cyberspeed
Hi,

I see that Event Booking supports Acajoom. Acajoom is no longer supported and replaced by jNews. Do you have plans to create jNews integration? If so, what is the timeframe?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #17756 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Event Booking/jNews
Hi

To be honest, I haven't looked at JNews yet, so I am not sure whether I will integrate it with Events Booking. Have you tried to use ACYMailing ? I think it is the best newsletter extension for Joomla right now. Please give it a try.

Tuan

• cyberspeed
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #17784 by cyberspeed
Replied by cyberspeed on topic Re: Event Booking/jNews
Sorry, that is a matter of opinion and you just stated you haven't used it yet. I have been running jNews on the site for a long time. Integration is always a priority when looking for a component. It is usually easier to find a component that has integration with what you currently have than to move your data to another component.

You support Acajoom but not jNews. Acajoom is no longer supported and your current users are not able to upgrade to jNews.

More
11 years 9 months ago #17786 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear cyberspeed

As far as I can see, there were few customers asked for JNews integration but I haven't seen any customers asked for upgrading from JNews from Acajoom yet. So I might consider adding support for JNews in future releases of the extension. However, for now, there are other high priority features which I need to work on first .

So for now, if customers use Events Booking, I would suggest to use ACYMailing. If any existing customers are using Events Booking and Acajoom and want to upgrade to use JNews, please let me know and I will write plugin for JNews (it should not take me more than few hours for this plugin) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 2 months ago #26602 by suleyman
Replied by suleyman on topic Re: Event Booking/jNews
Hi Tuan,
I have purchased Event Booking with the intention to integrate to my existing Acajoom database. I installed the plugin but couldn't really figure out what to do to make it work. I tried registering a few names from an event registration form, and I was able to see these names shown in the Registrants tab. But they don't show up in Acajoom subscribers' list.
I also intend to use jNews and would be interested if you can support it with a similar plugin.

I would appreciate your quick response as I am waiting to make sure the integration is in place before I publish the event registration form.

Thanks

Suleyman

More
11 years 2 months ago #26675 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Suleyman

If it is possible, I would like you to try AcyMailing newsletter. It is free and It is good. Also most of our improvements for newsletter integration in the future will be for this newsletter extension (possible Mailchim integration, too).

For integration with Acajoom, right now :

1. You will need to install and publish the ACajoom newsletter plugin. Did you do that yet ?

2. When someone register for an event, he will be added to Acajoom subscribers. Doesn't it work like that on your site?

Tuan

More
11 years 2 months ago #26729 by suleyman
Replied by suleyman on topic Re: Event Booking/jNews
Hi Tuan,
I cannot switch from Acajoom to AcyMailing. We have a large database and a registration module I have customly built that was used for event registration so far (and was adding the event registrants to Acajoom automatically).
We consider Mailchimp as an alternative in future but Acymailing is not an option,

I did publish the plugin. But the registrants are not added.

I am using Acajoom 5.2. Is this what you developed the plugin for?
Thanks
Suleyman

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam