Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

PreSales Questions about Event Booking

• swhung
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #15629 by swhung
Hi,

I am evaluating the suitability of Event Booking extension for my site. I've checked out the Demo provided.
Here're some questions:

1) Can I insert Images in the Event Details? Any limitation on the image size?

2) I am using Community Builder (v1.8) extension. I understand Event Booking does integrate with CB.
a) Booking History can be displayed at the User Profile.
b) Auto-fill of the Registration Form for already-login users. Which are the CB fields that will auto-fill? Does it include CB Custom fields?
c) Any known issues or constraints?

3) For the Invite Friends function, will Event Booking capture the Friends' email address, such that we can have a record?

4) Is there a Publish Start Date whereby future events will auto-publish from the Publish Start Date itself?

5) Are past events auto-unpublished?

6) Is there a Featured option, where I can tagged selected Events as Featured?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #15644 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: PreSales Questions about Event Booking
Hi

1) Can I insert Images in the Event Details? Any limitation on the image size?

=> You can use HTML editor to insert any images you want. No image size limitation .

2) I am using Community Builder (v1.8) extension. I understand Event Booking does integrate with CB.
a) Booking History can be displayed at the User Profile.
b) Auto-fill of the Registration Form for already-login users. Which are the CB fields that will auto-fill? Does it include CB Custom fields?
c) Any known issues or constraints?

=> Event Booking can auto fill data from any custom fields. The only thing you need to do is mapping the custom fields in CB with the fields in Community Builder . No known issues so far .

3) For the Invite Friends function, will Event Booking capture the Friends' email address, such that we can have a record?

=> No, it doesn't !

4) Is there a Publish Start Date whereby future events will auto-publish from the Publish Start Date itself?

=> No, EB doesn't have this feature.

5) Are past events auto-unpublished?

=> No, it doesn't. However, there is a feature called Hide Past Events which allows you to hide past events automatically .

6) Is there a Featured option, where I can tagged selected Events as Featured?

=> No, EB doesn't have this feature .

Tuan

• swhung
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #15660 by swhung
Replied by swhung on topic Re: PreSales Questions about Event Booking
Thanks for your prompt response.

I have some more questions to clarify:

1) Available capacity
The registration of events may not be centralized at my site. Registration can also be accepted through phone.
We plan to manually overwrite the capacity in the Event Booking site. Can this be done? If yes, is it only update at Backend only. How about updating from Frontend?

2) Is Event Details = Articles?
Are the event details captured as Joomla articles?
I'm asking this because I need to flash the Event Details in slideshow using a slider extension (like Smart Slider).
Can this be done?

3) Is the Registration/Booking form unique for each event? I assume it is. Am I right?

4) View List (To view the list of Registrants)
Can I hide the "View List" of the events from public? while allowing certain registered members to see the "View List"?

Thank you.

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam