Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Event Booking

More
12 years 2 months ago #14026 by ilmit
Event Booking was created by ilmit
I'm thinking of using Event Booking to allow users of my site to create their own sponsored event.

Would it be possible to use the Donate Author plug-in (with Joom Donation of course) to allow visitors to make a donation on the users event page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 2 months ago #14031 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Event Booking
Hi

The Donate Author plugin only works with Joomla article, not on Event Detail page, so It is not possible !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 2 months ago #14039 by ilmit
Replied by ilmit on topic Re: Event Booking
Thought as much, thank you.

Is there another way I can allow users to set up their own sponsorship page using your products?

I tried JomSocial and your JS Donate Me but I find JomSocial to clunky and over the top for my needs. I'd like something more simple.

I was thinking of using an extension like Form 2 Content to let users create an article then having Donate Author plug-in on their page to allow donations to the sponsored event.

Would this then display a list of donors to that author on the article, similar to JS Donate Me?

Another option would be to use Event Booking and let users create their own event. Booking that event would be like making a donation to that users sponsored event. The draw back with this is, I don't know if you can allow people to pay a variable amount for an event. I'm guessing the price is fixed?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I've found JoomDonation to be perfect for online donations, thanks for your hard work and support.

Paul.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 2 months ago #14052 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Event Booking
Hi Paul

Both Event Booking and Donate Author plugin + Form 2 Content combination can be used for this task. However, I think you should use Donate Author Plugin for this task.

And Yes, Donate Author displays list of Donors on the article page !

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam