Questions about Payment Form extension

Email Field, Validation & Fields Management

• zericoni
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8181 by zericoni
I am configuring the form, and experiencing a few issues using version is 1.6 of the component.

1) Although I disabled the EMAIL field, it still appears on the form. I could probably live with it, however the email field appears different than all the other fields.

2) When I create new, custom fields in Fields Management, they do not appear under Forms: Fields Settings. Only the default, core fields appear.

3) Some fields do not validate properly. For example, the AMOUNT field will accept any entry. The email field will not accept any entry.

Here is the current form, under development:
www.internalmedical.net/index.php?option...m&form_id=1&Itemid=0

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zericoni
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8192 by zericoni
Regarding the EMAIL field, when I click the publish/unpublish icon, Joomla tells me the item was successfully unpublished, but it still has the published icon, and continues to appear in the form. I can publish/unpublish any other item, but the EMAIL field item does not respond.

Also, concerning core and custom fields: I set my custom fields to publish to ALL forms, and they DO publish. However, they do not show up in the Fields Settings tab of my form. Only the core fields show, and only some of them. I assume that every field assigned to ALL forms should appear in the Fields Settings. Mine do not. Is this a bug?

• zericoni
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8194 by zericoni
The default # of items in Fields Management is 20, but I'm talking about Fields Settings inside the actual form control. Regardless of my published fields, these are all that appear in the list:
Last name
Organization
Address
Address2
City
State
Zip
Country
Phone
Fax
Comment

Oddly, there is no control for email at this level.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8212 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Email Field, Validation & Fields Management

1) Although I disabled the EMAIL field, it still appears on the form. I could probably live with it, however the email field appears different than all the other fields.

=> The email field is one of the two required fields (together with first name) for managing purpose. The email field is required because the system needs it so that it know what email to send confirmation email to after user processing payment. It should display the same with other files. Maybe something special with your site, could you please make a screenshot ?

2) When I create new, custom fields in Fields Management, they do not appear under Forms: Fields Settings. Only the default, core fields appear

=> The fields in the Fields Settings tab are core fields (they cannot be deleted from fields management..., it is used for managing purpose and used on all forms) . Basically :

+ If you want to show/hide, require/not require one of the core fields (first name, last name....) , please change it in the Form -> Fields setting tab.

+ If you want to show/hide, require/not require, change the setting in fields management .

3) Some fields do not validate properly. For example, the AMOUNT field will accept any entry. The email field will not accept any entry.

=> It might be some problem with the version for Joomla 1.6. Could you please submit a support ticket contains administrator account and FTP account of your site so that I can check and fix it ?

@oldandfat : Thanks so much for helping me answering many questions on forum in the last few days :) .

Regards,

Tuan

• zericoni
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #8249 by zericoni
Thank you for fixing the issues via support ticket. I'm all set for now. Great work!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc