Payment Form adding Group/ACL assignment on Payment

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 months 1 week ago #167346 by Chris Jarvis
Hello.
Can Payment Form assign successful payment people to our existing ACL's or Groups like Event Booking and Membership Pro does when a user signs up to an event or membership plan?
Can they also create a Joomla User if new or connect to an existing user account if they have signed in when purchasing through Payment Form?

Like when someone signs up to one of our Membership plans or Events we can choose - on payment assign this person to these groups or ACL's.
It would be great if we could give access to a particle page or category of content once their payment had gone through.
I am thinking of selling video event replays and this would work great for those who purchased access being automatically added into the group in Joomla that gives instant playback.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #167347 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Payment Form adding Group/ACL assignmet on Payment
Hi Chris

Unfortunately, Payment Form does not support this feature at the moment

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Jarvis

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 months 1 week ago #167348 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Payment Form adding Group/ACL assignment on Payment
That's okay Tuan.

Thanks for letting me know.

I am trying to figure out the best extension of yours to use to get this perfect.

Event Booking is fantastic but you need to have a date added in of course for an event but our replays don't need them and we want them to be a buy anytime forever thing.

Membership Pro would also work great except we would need a 'plan' i think for every event to customise the access properly and we already have nearly 50 event replays to watch and growing plus we don't want access to expire.

I'm wondering whether we need to look at a subscription service offering for all our videos instead of individually per replay...

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I'm thinking a subscription plan through Membership Pro where you can purchase a time period of access to all our videos and lose access to them all if you don't renew.

Thanks

Chris

More
4 months 1 week ago #167350 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Payment Form adding Group/ACL assignment on Payment
If using Payment Form is better, a Joomla Groups plugin could be developed with some small fee if you need it right now. Otherwise, I will consider supporting it in future releases of the extension

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc