Questions about Payment Form extension

unable to remove "email" field from a new form

• YoraiR
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #109940 by YoraiR
hello,

i have 1 form on my site in Hebrew language, and i want to duplicate it into a 2nd language (English).
i duplicated all the fields from the 1st form and changed their settings (label, description, etc) to english - including all core fields. and i assigned each field only to the form in the correct language.

it's working great except for 1 problem - i can't seem to assign the core "email" field only to some forms.
when i choose some forms in the field's basic settings ("Form" field) the changed i do are not saved. after i save the settings, this field is shown again with no forms selected.
the result is it's shown on my english form as well, although i have an english "Email" field i made for this form.
i've also tried to unpublish it and use custom field for each form, but changes to it's "publish" or "requierd" state are also not saved.

all other core fields are responding well to this changes, except the core "email" field.

is there a problem with assigning this field only to some forms or unpublishing it?

please advise,
thank you very much
yorai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #110248 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic unable to remove "email" field from a new form
For each form, the email field is required, so it could not be removed. The reason we need email field is because without email field, the system could not send confirmation email to users after they make payment

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: YoraiR

• YoraiR
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #110356 by YoraiR
thank you Tuan.

since Payment Form is still not ready for multi-lingual sites, this forces the form on the secondery languages to show the Email field with the title and label of the first language.
if it would be possible to create a custom email field and use it instead of the default one, this would be a good work around for this specific issue ragarding forms for different laguages.

anyway i hope you can publish a component update for multi-lingual sites in the near future.

thanks again.
yorai

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc