Questions about Payment Form extension

Inserting PF into article

• Hipfire
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #3707 by Hipfire
Inserting PF into article was created by Hipfire
Im just getting started with PF and need a bit of clarification on the following please.

1. Referring to the instructions 'Using PF' under 'How to Insert a form into Joomla article' it says 'Open the article you want to insert the form, enter this syntaxt {pmform FORM_ID}, FORM_ID is id of the form you want to display in the article.' Can you explain in more detail how/where this is entered, ie. is this syntax added to the HTML or PHP? I don't have PHP skills so I wouldn't know where to start with this.

2. Also, can you explain how the Form List module works with the article you want to link it to? I can't work out how to do this.

I'd love to get my head round how to do this as I think this solution is the perfect match for what I want to do. I want to add a booking form to an article which allows users to complete a single form to book & pay for fitness courses/classes/events. this would enable them to tick a checklist or multi-select list to choose mulitple courses/classes to book/pay for and only have to complete the registration form once.

Hope you can clarify these points for me.

Many thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hipfire
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #3708 by Hipfire
Replied by Hipfire on topic Re: Inserting PF into article
Okay - Ive worked out how to do both 1 & 2 so I don't require any support in respect of this any longer.

However I do need support with the following:

Ive created a General Booking form which has each course/session as a checkbox list allowing users to book and pay for multiple courses/sessions with one single form. I can't figure out how to do the formula to calculate the total amount when processing the payment. How do I do this?

Also I don't want the full checkbox list showing on the next payment screen. it should just display the ticked checkboxes but it seems to display all. how do I hide the unchecked boxes?

Thanks.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4006 by Jabbergab
Replied by Jabbergab on topic Re: Inserting PF into article
I, however, cannot seem to make it work. If I just write the code {pmform 1} into the article it just says {pmform 1} and nothing else. The plugin is enabled.

What is wrong? Am I doing something wrong, or might there be some sort of conflict with other plugins that are applied directly for article output as pmform is?

More
13 years 7 months ago #4347 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Inserting PF into article
To all who responded to this topic. Assuming you have not created and then deleted forms you should all have a form with an id of 1. These are listed on the forms tab, all the way to the right. The syntax is then {pmform 1} inserted into the article as plain text. This is not legal HTML code, but the plugin interprets it as such and the form should appear. I suspect that this is 'iffy" and works for some and not others, all I can say is it worked for me.

Second: everone refers to this in the documentation, but I can't find that file. All the documentation on joomla.org and via company website is a single page or so, no mention of the {pmform x} syntax. Can someone point me to it, or send me the file?

Dave Sause, oldandfat@cox.net :S

More
13 years 7 months ago #4349 by oldandfat
Replied by oldandfat on topic Re: Inserting PF into article
found the documentation!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc