Questions about Payment Form extension

A few points of feedback (new user)

• budoguy
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12519 by budoguy
A few points of feedback (new user) was created by budoguy
Hi,

I bought Payment Form today and I've found it reasonably easy to setup and install - thanks for your hard work so far.

I'm still playing around so I'll leave some detailed questions until I've done some more experimenting, but I'm worried that maybe I should have bought Event Booking component instead if it allowed the forms to be more customised to the event?

At this stage just some initial feedback with the default forms:

* Can it be possible to hide or modify the default text, for example:
Please enter information on this form to make payment for <form name> . The amount you need to pay is <precalculated amount> . In particular I'd like to hide the "amount" statement since I find it confusing when the final amount is not calculated yet.

* The text at the bottom for Terms & Conditions could have better grammar. Is it editable? ie, instead of:
I accept Term and Condition
it should be:
I accept the Terms and Conditions

* Is there any hope in future of being able to fully customise the layout of the form, as if you were editing an article? for example, instead of embedding {pmform 1} for the whole form, you could use {pmform field_name} to insert the individual fields and functions (like next button/etc) into the article?

* Is there a way to make a field mandatory for one form, and not on another? (I guess the workaround is to create two custom fields with similar names)

* Is it possible to change the notification email address based on a selection from within the form? In my example, I am trying to submit registrations in a single form, but depending what topic they select in a drop-down, I would prefer the notification to go to a different email?

* For some reason in my core 'email' field, I always get a bunch of javascript pre-populated into the field, eg: <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'mailto:'; var suffix = ''; ... etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #12537 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: A few points of feedback (new user)
Hi

* Can it be possible to hide or modify the default text, for example:
Please enter information on this form to make payment for <form name> . The amount you need to pay is <precalculated amount> . In particular I'd like to hide the "amount" statement since I find it confusing when the final amount is not calculated yet.

=> Yes, you can simply go to Payment Form -> Configuration, looks at Messages tab, find the text and modify it to meet your need .

* The text at the bottom for Terms & Conditions could have better grammar. Is it editable? ie, instead of:
I accept Term and Condition
it should be:
I accept the Terms and Conditions

=> Go to Payment Form -> Translation, find and change the text to meet your need !

* Is there any hope in future of being able to fully customise the layout of the form, as if you were editing an article? for example, instead of embedding {pmform 1} for the whole form, you could use {pmform field_name} to insert the individual fields and functions (like next button/etc) into the article?

=> Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the extension !

* Is there a way to make a field mandatory for one form, and not on another? (I guess the workaround is to create two custom fields with similar names)

=> In the current version, the only solution is making two different custom fields. In the next release (which I am working on now, almost done, need some more time for testing ).

* Is it possible to change the notification email address based on a selection from within the form? In my example, I am trying to submit registrations in a single form, but depending what topic they select in a drop-down, I would prefer the notification to go to a different email?

=> Unfortunately, it is not possible !

* For some reason in my core 'email' field, I always get a bunch of javascript pre-populated into the field, eg: <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'mailto:'; var suffix = ''; ... etc

=> See the solution on this post :

joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...atid=55&id=8296#8301

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc