Limit order per eMail address (for not registered users as well)

• B. Olausson
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #141800 by B. Olausson
Hej all,

It would be great to limit the number of time slots one can book on a per eMail limit.

Currently you can limited the number of time slots that can be booked to one per order process.
But one can simply start a new booking process and by doing this book all available slots and you can supply the same eMail each time.
If it would be possible to limit the number of booked slots per eMail, this would at least require the user to get more creative and block 99% of the "normal visitors" to steal all time slots as the booking would not complete but say: "You already booked a time slot"

For this to be effective, the booked time slot should only be allocated beyond the "Temporarily cart live time" after a confirmation link in an eMail sent to the provided eMail address was klicked (to confirm the eMail exists), else the time slot is released again.

For example:
If I book a time slot on my offering for a service you don't have to register but you must provide a name and a eMail during checkout.
For each order process I allowed only one time slot. But it can be tricked by just doing the order process seven times (So you book 7x one time slot). I would like to prevent sneaky people to just register all time slots. Now if we limit the number of bookings that can be done per eMail address, the user would not be able to use the same eMail address over and over again, but would need to supply a new and valid eMail address for each booking attempt.

The block should be for that day of the time slot he booked, so he can't book any more time slots on the day(s) he already booked a slot.
For example, if a unregistered user This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. booked a 2h time slot on 26.02.2012 he should not be able to book another time slot on the same day with the same eMail address

Another nice option would be to disalow another booking for the same eMail address (and also for registered user) for
  • a certain duration after the booking (so he can't book another slot - no matter which date/time - for e.g. the next 2 hours or 3 days...)
  • can only book a new time slot once his time slot is is in the past (e.g. if his time slot is from 13:00 to 15:00 on 26.02.2021 and he booekd it an 9:00, he will not be able to book another time slot before 26.02.2021 15:00)
Greetings,
Bjoern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #141954 by Mr. Dam
Bjoern, it's good idea, i will consider to think about it for future improvement
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam