15 minute space between appointments?

• Raena Wilson
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #146747 by Raena Wilson
15 minute space between appointments? was created by Raena Wilson
Hi,

I can’t seem to figure out how to make the appointment selection have a 15 or 20 minute “break” (or in your words “step”?) between time slots if my appointments are an hour or greater in length. The shortest time I can set it to seems to be 30 min? And i also offer two hour sessions but the shortest “break” in between sessions I can set it to is an hour?! Is it even possible to be able to choose smaller steps? I offer multiple options for lengths of sessions, and using the Configuration setting doesn’t work for this either. This is very restrictive.

Thank you.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Raena Wilson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #146751 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 15 minute space between appointments?
Hi Raena,
You can setup value for field "Step in minutes" (in OS Services Booking Configuration -> Tab "Booking Configuration" or in each of service) to generate the time spaces between appointments. For example, if your service timelength is 30 minutes, you can setup value for field: "Step in minutes" is 45 minutes, thus, you will have 15 minutes break between 2 appointments.
Good luck
Dam

• Raena Wilson
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #146755 by Raena Wilson
Replied by Raena Wilson on topic 15 minute space between appointments?
Hi,

Thanks for answering, but as I mentioned in original post, I offer multiple options for time lengths: 30min, 60min, 90min, and 120min. Configuration settings is not universal and does not cover all cases. Is it possible to to do it at the service level? Bc it’s a drop down and as soon as you hit one hour you then start offering less options! Rather than just doing 5min increments throughout your drop down list. It is very restrictive. If I go in the database directly and enter service level times plus 15min, will the logic still work? A more universal solution would have been to implement logic that measures from the end of a session to the next, not between two start times at the config level. Or to allow manual entry in the services form, or keep the increments steady throughout. 

More
2 years 6 months ago #146758 by Mr. Dam
Hi Raena,
When you edit "Service" at Backend of component, you will able to select different value for "Step in minutes". Have you tried it?
Thanks
Dam

• Raena Wilson
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #146766 by Raena Wilson
Hi,

Thanks but your replies show you don’t seem to be reading my issue… yes, I *have* tried it as stated in my previous two posts. The issue is when I go to select it, once the time length is an hour or greater, the increments in time get longer and longer. A flexible solution to cover all cases would have been to measure from end of session to beginning of next session, but your logic measures from beginning to beginning, and your options are limited in the drop down box. Please view the screenshot. Is this something you can fix and allow greater flexibility? Is there a workaround in the meantime?

Thanks.

Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #146815 by Mr. Dam
Hi Raena,
Sorry for late response, with this kind of issue, you can submit ticket and send your site url with super admin account, we will help you to add more options in field: Step in minutes
Thanks
Dam

• Raena Wilson
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #146841 by Raena Wilson
Oh, yay!! Thank you! I will do that..

More
2 years 6 months ago #147081 by Stephen
Replied by Stephen on topic 15 minute space between appointments?
Hi
It seems like I could have use for this too.
Is it possible thatyou could do this as a feature in a future release of OS Servicebooking.
A configuration, both global and at service level, where you can set a breaktime between two services.

I also have different lengh of services (30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes) and the option to set a breaktime between two services seems logical to me.

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

More
2 years 5 months ago #147318 by Mr. Dam
Yes, Stephen, you can change the value of field: "Step in minutes" in different services to have different break time-length between 2 nearest appointments
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 5 months ago #147359 by Stephen
Replied by Stephen on topic 15 minute space between appointments?
Hi
Yes I know that, but as stated in the previous post you are measure the time of a service from beginning to beginning and not from end to beginning.

That means that up to 60 min session it is ok.
But with a 90 min session I can´t have 15min break it will increase to 120 min (That means I will have 30 min break between the sessions).
and for 120 min session (next step in times are 180 min) it means that I will have one hour break between the two sessions

The logic would to add more timeslots (or a setting where you could set your own timeslots) or measure the time from the end of a session to the beginning of the next session.

Hopefully you will have the time to look in to this in a near future.

Regards
Stephen

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem can not be solved, worrying will do you no good.

Moderators: Mr. Dam