GCalendar Integration - For every employee?

• Paul Winer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136830 by Paul Winer
I started following the instructions in the manual but it gets complicated. I'm also waiting on a an answer to stjepan HERE joomdonation.com/forum/os-services-booki...html?start=20#136424

Is there a method of allowing employees to link their google calendars from the front-end that is easier for them? There are several other sites where the user simply clicks to "sync with google calendar" and then approves giving permissions to the site to access their google calendar. They don't need to create an app and set up configurations etc. Calendly.com for example.

Is there something I don't understand.
Thank you.

Thanks,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136880 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic GCalendar Integration - For every employee?
Hi Paul,
If you want to add event into the Employee Calendar without creating Google service applications, the calendar must be public for change, and it's not secure. In additional, when you integrate OS Services Booking with GCalendar, the events will be able to create/delete, not just adding events into Calendar.
Thanks
Dam

• Paul Winer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136929 by Paul Winer
Replied by Paul Winer on topic GCalendar Integration - For every employee?
I've again read the documentation on GCalendar Integration and have some questions:

Is it true that I only have to set up the integration once? IE not for each employee?

Where does the employee give OS booking rights to view/edit the employee's calendar?

Documentation says: "OS Services Booking won’t (cannot) check the available time on Employee’s Gcalendar before adding appointment into Gcalendar." Why not? There are many applications/sites that allow you to give the site access to your calendar to read/edit it. Why can't OS Booking?

Does OS Booking adjust the employee's availability by reading the employee's google calendar?

Thanks,
Paul

• Paul Winer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #136932 by Paul Winer
Google's pages for setting up the API have changed since the OS Services Booking documentation. Do you have updated instructions?

I stepped through google's screens as much as possible until I felt like I didn't know what I was doing and am concerned about setting it up wrong where it might mess up my google account. Please point me to some instructions that are more detailed and up-to-date than the instructions in joomdonationdemo.com/osservicesbooking/documentation.

Thank you.

Attached is a screenshot of my result. I guessed at most entries so I'm sure its wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
Paul
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Paul Winer. Reason: New information.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136939 by Mr. Dam
Hi Paul,
It seems you passed quite a lot of steps, you just need to export .p12 key and upload it into folder: root -> components -> com_osservicesbooking
and assign the service account to GCalendar.
Thanks
Dam

• Paul Winer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #136943 by Paul Winer
How do I know I answered everything correctly in google's setups?

I created a P12 key and downloaded it to the directory. How do I "assign the service account to GCalendar"?

Thank you.

Thanks,
Paul
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Paul Winer. Reason: New information.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136945 by Mr. Dam
Hi Paul,
No problem, i will update into ticket #103257
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam