OS Property support center

XML import rightmove uk

• Super php
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #151887 by Super php
XML import rightmove uk was created by Super php
Hi,

Just wondered if the xml import feature is compatible with the autofeed that rightmove use in the UK?

What we want is to provide a estate agent portal, for UK only estate agents. Rightmove is the largest portal in the UK and so agents already have integration. We want to be able to say they don't need to change their backend coding, just send the same data they send to rightmove to us.

Also can the importing in os property be automated? Or does the user have to login to the site and manually import xml each time. I did send a support question a couple of days ago but didn't get a response, as of yet. So thought we'd put it to to whole community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #151889 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic XML import rightmove uk
Hi,
Currently, OS Property doesn't have option to import properties from Rightmove in UK.
Thanks
Dam

• Super php
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #151895 by Super php
Replied by Super php on topic XML import rightmove uk
Thank you for the reply. It didn't answer the questions i was asking?

i don't want to import properties from rightmove. I just wanted to know if the xml import format of os-property was the same?

My other question was if the importing could be automated? the demo part has the import disabled. So no way to test this before purchase.

More
1 year 11 months ago #151900 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
OS Property has different XML format, you can read more about it through this documentation: osproperty.ext4joomla.com/documentation/...-back-end/xml-import
Thanks
Dam

• Super php
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #152006 by Super php
Hi,
So having paid for and installed the component. It seem like each estate agent would have to manually upload individual properties via a form. Most agent use automated online feeds as it's not practical to login and upload each property, one by one. The xml import via the backend doesn't show errors if the xml structure is incorrect. i going to create an xml importer that can be automated. can you provide me with the hooks into your scripts to import properties?

More
1 year 10 months ago #152064 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
So your idea here you want agents to be able to import their properties through XML file, and you prefer Rightmove?
Thanks
Dam

• Super php
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #152067 by Super php
Hi,

Yes it would be great for agents to upload or most have feeds like ( feed.estate-agents-portsmouth.gnomen-europe.com/ ). So you can scrape the feed and update everything in an automated process.

This plugin below for wordpress explains everything i need
wp-property-hive.com/addons/property-import/

Thank you.

• Nicholas Johnson
More
1 year 8 months ago #153248 by Nicholas Johnson
Replied by Nicholas Johnson on topic XML import rightmove uk
Give me a shout. I am currently finalising a RightMove export from OS Property to Rightmove. My component can also import such as Kyero feeds but we can adapt it. Joomla Version only!

Mark
mark@gohost4u.com

More
1 year 8 months ago #153327 by Mr. Dam
Hi Nicholas,
Currently, OS Property doesn't have feature to import properties from XML file from Rightmove. If you need that feature, we can implement the customization work to add that option for you.
Thanks
Dam

• Nicholas Johnson
More
1 year 8 months ago #153351 by Nicholas Johnson
Replied by Nicholas Johnson on topic XML import rightmove uk
Hi Dam
I was actually confirming that we do have this component working already. It uses cron jobs to automate import and export from Kyero feeds with property type mapping as well as export different xml feeds depending on criterion you can set.
Rightmove is an option we have just added which will allow you to export your properties to rightmove too

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan