OS Property support center

How Can I Add More Countries in Locations in OSP?

• allafricadevelopment
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #53968 by allafricadevelopment
How Can I Add More Countries in Locations in OSP? was created by allafricadevelopment
how can I add more countries under OSProperty- Dashboard-Setup-Locations? There are only 60 countries in there; I need to add more countries to the list so that I can create and upload more states/provinces and cities.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by allafricadevelopment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #53985 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
OS Property has almost countries on the world. But we only have the location data of 60 countries. It means you can import location of those countries by using "Location Import" tool of OS Property.
With other countries, you can add states and cities by using Manage States and Manage Cities tools at Back-end of component
Thanks
Dam

• allafricadevelopment
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #53989 by allafricadevelopment
Replied by allafricadevelopment on topic How Can I Add More Countries in Locations in OSP?
I understand. I have put together several location databases for several countries that are not in that list of the 60 countries; and I would like to be able to use the "Location Import" tool of OS Property for these countries since it's faster to do it that way. How do I add the names of these countries to the list of the 60 countries, so that I import the cities into them using the import tool. Which database table are they contained in?

More
9 years 3 months ago #53990 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
You can make the Location data file and send back to us. We will check to see if they are correct and able to import into OS Property. And then, i will let you know how to modify component to allow administrator to import location data.
Thanks
Dam

• allafricadevelopment
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #53993 by allafricadevelopment
Replied by allafricadevelopment on topic How Can I Add More Countries in Locations in OSP?
Thanks for the reply Mr. Dam, this is the format I've followed for those countries -- not finished yet:

Eastern Cape:Willowvale,Uniondale,Ugie,Tylden,Tyeni,Tsomo,Tsolo,Tsitsikamma
Free State:Witsieshoek,Wepener,Warden,Vierfontein,Verkeerdevlei,Tweespruit
Western Cape:Wilderness,Touwsrivier,Stilbaai,Sedgefield,Riversdale,Prince Albert

File names:

ls_lesotho.txt
And so on

Would you tell me how to modify the component to allow administrator to import location data.

More
1 year 9 months ago #152105 by Ahmed Gaffar
Replied by Ahmed Gaffar on topic How Can I Add More Countries in Locations in OSP?
Hello,

Is there is any method for adding? as I have the same case and want to add more locations. My text files are ready as the same as the 60 countries listed.

More
1 year 9 months ago #152107 by Mr. Dam
Hi Ahmed,
If your country isn't in supported list of OS Property. You can use tool: Manage States and Manage Cities at Backend of OS Property to add location manually.
Thanks
Dam

More
1 year 9 months ago #152108 by Ahmed Gaffar
Replied by Ahmed Gaffar on topic How Can I Add More Countries in Locations in OSP?
Hi Dam,

Thank you for the fast reaction, the point I want to add the country in the LOCATION Tab so I can do Update as much as I need from the text file. Thanks in advance for any hint or idea.

Regards,
Ahmed

More
1 year 9 months ago #152142 by Mr. Dam
Hi Ahmed,
You can prepare the location data file of your Country, then, please send it to us. We will check and add it into OS Property core package. Thus, you'll able to import location data of your country into OS Property system
Thanks
Dam

More
1 year 8 months ago #152718 by Ahmed Gaffar
Hello Dam,
Please check the txt file to be added in the core of OSProperty.
How can i remove the copy right in the Add property form? please check the image.

Thanks for any hint and support.
Ahmed Gaffar
Attachments:

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan