OS Property released notes

14th November 2018 - New version 3.14.4

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #119335 by Mr. Dam
The Joomla! OS Property developer team are proud to announce the release of OS Property 3.14.4. This is a fifth release for the 3.14.x series of OS Property with new big improvements and addresses issues introduced in previous versions.

What new in OS Property 3.14.4

1. Introduce new OSP Theme - Wider theme
Based on the survey results on our customer sites, we found there are quite a lot customers need a property details page should be filled up the whole of main page. They don't want to put left or right modules in property details page. After checking on existing themes of OS Property, we feel the property details pages of those theme are only suitable in a narrow spaces.

As you see on above picture, the main content contains property details page will be more suitable if your template has left or right columns. Nowadays, everyone want to have the property details page in the whole template page. It will be better for Search engines when they indexing content of property, in additional, on mobile devices, we'll able to view content of property details easier than having other information from left, right columns (of course, on some templates, we can hide left, right columns on mobile screens)

Based on above reasons, we developed new OSP Themes for OS Property extension, it's called: Wider, like its name, this theme is suitable with wide content template.

Features of Wider theme:
1. Fully property details page
2. Mobile devices compatible
3. Good for SEO
4. Improvement on graphic of different parts: Google Map and neighbor links, neighborhoods, core fields, request more details and tell a friend forms.

You can see demo of Wider theme by click on this link: osproperty.ext4joomla.com/os-property-la.../canal-loft-property

You can read more about how to install Wider theme through this documentation

Note: Wider theme will not be included in OS Property package as default, it is placed in directory: themes in OS Property package. To install Wider theme, you can go to Back-end -> OS Property -> Manage OSP Themes and install it.
Wider theme will work with OS Property 3.14.4 or higher, because we already improved some core parts of OS Property system to support Wider theme.

2. Moving Document folder to Joomla Media
In previous OS Property versions, documents of properties are stored in directory: root -> components -> com_osproperty -> document. But it doesn't good for SEO, so from this version, documents will be stored in root -> media -> com_osproperty -> document
The old documents will still be stored in root -> components -> com_osproperty -> document

3. Improve UI
Some layout parts are improved

P/S: As you know, with new theme released, your real estate system will look more attractive, please update latest OS Property version to have Wider theme.

Thanks
Dev team
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #119360 by Theodor
Replied by Theodor on topic 14th November 2018 - New version 3.14.4
You are making releases with new stuffs but you dont solve the bugs I have report !
Thats not so good!

I have report errors that you have even in your demo site BUT it seems you don't care to solve them ??

Thanks
Attachments:

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #119377 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 14th November 2018 - New version 3.14.4
The error you show has cause from Social share buttons like Pin Interests..etc They are minor problem and actually, they haven't cause from OS Property.
Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 5 months ago #119423 by Theodor
Replied by Theodor on topic 14th November 2018 - New version 3.14.4
Indeed Share button cause this , but share button is a part of OSP , so it will be better to investigate it isnt it ?
Until then we can disable social sharing if we dont want those errors !
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: MelanieB

More
5 years 4 months ago #120179 by MelanieB
Replied by MelanieB on topic 14th November 2018 - New version 3.14.4
Hi Theador,

simply disable the share buttons and use a special share plugin for the entire site for consistency. I don't use any component's share buttons for this very reason. Those built in ones tend to slow page load whereas the ones that are not built in don't impact on page load.

More
5 years 4 months ago #120180 by MelanieB
Replied by MelanieB on topic 14th November 2018 - New version 3.14.4
Hi Dam,

brilliant release - thanks. I love the fact that you have implemented the option for OpenStreetMaps. I know it is early days yet (as locator isn't using it yet) but it is a massive step towards freeing us from Google's greedy clutches which we should all be very grateful for. Loving the new wider theme and the many other improvements.

Only problem for me is my version is heavily customised with 3rd party integrations so when there are updates I have a massive workload to re-integrate the changes. Is there a changelog anywhere that shows which files have been changed that I could take a look at (like they do on github) - I am just looking for better ways for me to do the updates for my individual case.

Once again thanks for such a great product and a great new release.

Well done to the dev team

Moderators: Mr. Dam