All popular questions related to OS Property will be posted here

[SOLVED]Acymailing plugin not working - any other way to set up property alerts?

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #124191 by MelanieB
Hi,
I have been trying to find a way to set up some kind of alert system that the users can setup/subscribe too but have not had any joy. Has anyone else got a solution for this?

They Acymailing plugin doesn't work it just produces a message to download latest acymailing for it to work, but I have done that and the message keeps appearing. However I don't know if that plugin will meet our needs:

A user can create a search then save this as an email alert when new properties that meet their search criteria are added to the site. This is an absolute must have for any property site.

I did use Techjoomla's JMailalerts a while back for a classifieds website which did exactly this. They have some documentation here that shows developers how to create a plugin for any Joomla component - this would be perfect for OSProperty:

techjoomla.com/developers-blogs/joomla-d...in-for-any-component

I would give it a go but wouldn't know where to start.

I have already setup the OSProperty cron job, but cannot display saved searches. I have tried both menu links for OSProperty which are called Registered - Search List (they will not display on the menu even though I have tried setting the access to public, registered etc. The links won't show.

If anyone has got around the problem of creating alerts for OSProperty I would love to hear what they did/use.

Kind regards

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #124206 by MelanieB
Hi,

I have updated to latest version and the search list now works and can also see the email notification now too :)

It is just acymailing plugin that doesn't work

More
4 years 11 months ago #124223 by Mr. Dam
Hi Mel,
You mean the the Acymailing plugin of OS Property doesn't work properly?
Thanks
Dam

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #124226 by MelanieB
Hi Dam yes, have you tried it on your test site? I am on the latest version of Acymailing in the 5x (it doesn't have one for their version 6 yet).

Mel

• MelanieB
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #124240 by MelanieB
Hi Dam,

just to let you know it works - Acymailing plugin. It seemed to be an issue with Joomla's cache. Once I disabled that it started working :)

Mel
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by MelanieB.

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan