• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #56099 by Mr. Dam
Why my properties are disappeared ? was created by Mr. Dam
Dear everyone,
We received quite many questions like "Why my properties are disappeared at Backend > Manage Properties page?"
There are several reasons of this problem, excluding the case someone already deleted the existing properties, you can check one of bellow problems.
1. Are you using Expiration Management feature. (Back-end > OS Property > Configuration > Tab: General)
Note: this feature need the plugin "plg_cronjobs_osproperty" is published
This feature is used to unapproved or removed properties after one time range. In default, the property will be unapproved after 30 days and removed after next 15 days.
If you don't notice this configure option, in a bad day, your properties will be disappeared of "Manage properties" page without any reason.
2. Are you using more than one country in your OS Property system
In the first time installation, you have default location database of United States. You can install "Sample data" with one State and City of this country. Everything work well until you change different "Default country" at Back-end > OS Property > Configuration > Tab: General. And then, you come back to Manage Properties page at Back-end and there aren't any properties available.
The reason is OS Property will only show properties of current "Default country", and because you already change "Default country", so the existing properties in US won't be shown.
To solve the problem, you can follow these steps
- Go to Back-end > OS Property > Configuration > Tab: General and select "Default country" are 2 countries: your selected country and US
- Come back to Back-end > OS Property > Manage Properties, filter Country "US", you will see all existing properties. Now, you can remove them all, or go to each property and change location from US to your selected country.
- After that, re-select your selected country from filter dropdown select list
- Go to Back-end > OS Property > Configuration > Tab: General and select "Default country" is your selected country.
- If you already remove all properties in above step, in this case, you can re-install "Sample data" with your new location.

There are some other reasons, we will keep updating..
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56222 by Dave Collerton
Replied by Dave Collerton on topic Why my properties are disappeared ?
Hi Dam

It is not desirable to delete properties from the database after expiry when using Exipy management. The effort involved in setting up an advert is huge and while yes, it is important to unpublish the advert, we as a sales team want the opportunity to talk to the client and reinstate their adverts. To delete them is a disaster!!

Can you please make this an administrator choice ie. unpublish only (as default) or unpublish / delete as a selected option. This means that the default option simply stops the advert from showing on the front page, it does not delete it. We can then talk to the client about reinstating their advert and maybe upgrading them to the paid featured option for better visibility.

Great product Dam, I hope you can see the benefit of my point.

Regards
Dave

More
4 years 4 months ago #129819 by RR
Replied by RR on topic Why my properties are disappeared ?
Has this been solved?

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 4 months ago #129957 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Why my properties are disappeared ?
Hi,
It's not issue for solving, you should read the explanation at top.
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan