How to install language package for OS Property

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 6 months ago #49680 by Mr. Dam
Dear everyone,
Some customers asked us that how can they install language packages for OS Property. Now, we will answer that question.
1. In default, OS Property support English. So if your site is using English (en-GB), you don't need to care this part.
But if you are using different languages or the main language of your Joomla site isn't English. And these languages are supported by OS Property (English, French, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Greek, Russian, Spanish) then, when you install OS Property, the corresponding language package (of OS Property) will be installed too.
For example: If your Joomla site already has 3 languages: German, Spanish and Italian, when you install OS Property, 3 language packages of component are: Getman, Spanish and Italian will be installed too. And you are able to use those language package without doing anything.
2. When you have already installed OS Property, and then, you install new Joomla language. (Even that language is in the supported list of OS Property), in this case, OS Property isn't able to update the package of new installed language. And we must install the language for OS Property manually. Please read following example:
The new installed language is : German (de-DE).
Open file: com_osproperty.zip (in folder "component" of Installation package), and extract it.
Copy file: component > languages > de-DE > de-DE.com_osproperty.ini
into Root > language > de-DE folder
and then, copy 2 files: admin > languages > de-DE > de-DE.com_osproperty.ini and admin > languages > de-DE > de-DE.com_osproperty.sys.ini into Root > administrator > language > de-DE folder
You can do the same with other languages.
Good luck
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris, paolo, alejandro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50643 by Szabó Zsolt
Replied by Szabó Zsolt on topic How to install language package for OS Property
Hi,
I saw a working turkish OS Property site. Can i translate the template to another unlisted language?
Thanks
Zsolt

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #50649 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
You can use translation tool of OS Property to translate content from original language to other languages. You only need to have the Joomla language package installed.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Szabó Zsolt

More
9 years 4 months ago #52950 by takis
Hi Dam, unfortunately there are untranslated sections both in backend and frontend in greek language but i can not understand why cause i have checked and the files exist in the proposed by you positions.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance

Moderators: Mr. DamNguyen Phu Quan