• Kimberley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #116706 by Kimberley
Things that would STILL be Fabulous :D was created by Kimberley
Hi Guys

I'm revisiting the Things That Would be Fabulous thread hoping to be able to take my site to the next level.

DESPERATELY NEED the square footage to be moved from the LAND section and into the basic property details. There are 2 currently and neither are logically named or show up where expected. This causes confusion and incomplete listings as the Land section has nothing that I need on the site other than the square footage of the property so it adds a lot of extra space for the one item, which people miss anyway.

Listing Type and Property Types are opposite of what is expected.

Ideally Listing types would be Rental, For Sale, For Lease etc, and then Property types would be House, Apartment, Condo etc, right now they are opposite of what is expected. It affects the Categories as well as they are sorted by Property type when listing type is what I hope to see, as people are looking by listing type (rental or sale) as opposed to property type (house, apartment etc)

I would love to be able to ONLY show agents with listings - right now if they register as an agent, and don't add a listing, they are showing in the Agents list, I don't want that. Only Agents with PAID listings should have any information visible.

Parent listings, for complexes and developments, where a main listing can have child listings with different options for individual units with different pricing and availability

Individual listing expiration for agents with multiple properties that expire on different dates rather than extend all the listings to the latest date of the subscription.

Featured Agent module selectable by name.

Thanks and I really hope to see some of these integrated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118093 by Theodor
Replied by Theodor on topic Things that would STILL be Fabulous :D
Hello Kimberley .

I m trying to understand what you like but I think the 1st I will agree with you and already post it (or at least its a part of what are you saying) :
www.joomdonation.com/forum/os-property/6...the-os-property.html

About the property types I think after so many months we have achieve to make OS Property with a better structure:
www.joomdonation.com/forum/os-property-f...roperties-types.html
is that what you are referring at ?

Thanks

More
5 years 3 months ago #121445 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Things that would STILL be Fabulous :D
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestions, after reading your ideas, i have some comments below:
- DESPERATELY NEED the square footage to be moved from the LAND section and into the basic property details. There are 2 currently and neither are logically named or show up where expected. This causes confusion and incomplete listings as the Land section has nothing that I need on the site other than the square footage of the property so it adds a lot of extra space for the one item, which people miss anyway.
-> OK, in next OS Property version, i will move Square feet (meter) into core fields and move field "Living Areas" to "Land Information" group.

Listing Type and Property Types are opposite of what is expected.

Ideally Listing types would be Rental, For Sale, For Lease etc, and then Property types would be House, Apartment, Condo etc, right now they are opposite of what is expected. It affects the Categories as well as they are sorted by Property type when listing type is what I hope to see, as people are looking by listing type (rental or sale) as opposed to property type (house, apartment etc)
-> I have simple solution to solve this kind of problem, you just need to use Translation tool at Back-end of OS Property to change "Property types" to "Listing types" and change "Categories" to "Property types" .

- I would love to be able to ONLY show agents with listings - right now if they register as an agent, and don't add a listing, they are showing in the Agents list, I don't want that. Only Agents with PAID listings should have any information visible.
-> OK, i'll add new configure option to apply this idea.

- Parent listings, for complexes and developments, where a main listing can have child listings with different options for individual units with different pricing and availability
-> Parent/Child properties are quite complicate to implement. Actually, i don't have much information about that structure. So that, i am not sure how to build it up. Do you have any real example?

- Individual listing expiration for agents with multiple properties that expire on different dates rather than extend all the listings to the latest date of the subscription.
-> When agents add properties, they can setup the "Publish Down" date. By this way, their properties may have different expired dates.

Featured Agent module selectable by name.
-> OK, this feature will be apply next OS Property version

Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 2 months ago #121670 by marc slock
Replied by marc slock on topic Things that would STILL be Fabulous :D
Hello, Dam,

If you move "square feet" to the core fields, you also have to move "lot size" to the core fields, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. On the other hand, I don't really understand why this would be "desperately needed"? It works fine as it is, and I hope this doesn't make any changes in the database.

Regarding the parent/child properties, this can easily be done with the existing system and a little bit of Joomla knowledge. As the description field is a regular Joomla editor, you just add a table with the child properties in the description.

• Kimberley
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #122690 by Kimberley
Replied by Kimberley on topic Things that would STILL be Fabulous :D
THANKS Dam! Love your work and I appreciate the changes!

Moderators: Mr. Dam