permissions branching on donation payment

• Kenneth Junkins
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 5 days ago #160374 by Kenneth Junkins
permissions branching on donation payment was created by Kenneth Junkins
I'm new to Membership Pro and so far it is an asset to my web site.

I have a couple of membership plans that set specific permissions on the site. I want to make a plan for "donations", which would be non-recurring and have a short duration (so they could donate again), but I don't want it to disturb the current permissions. That is, if they already have a REGISTERED permission level, I want it to stay there after a "donation", but if they have a PUBLIC permissions level, I don't want a "donation" to change the permission level to REGISTERED.

I haven't been able to figure this out yet.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 5 days ago #160375 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic permissions branching on donation payment
Hello Kenneth

If someone registers for an account on your website, they will have Registered permission and that's something I could not control

Personal, I don't think Registered permission could cause any problem. If you want to give paid subscribers to access to something, don't assign them to Registered user group, assign them to higher level user group (such as Paid Members user group - a child group of Registered user group) using Joomla groups plugin membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration

Regards,

Tuan

• Kenneth Junkins
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 5 days ago #160378 by Kenneth Junkins
Replied by Kenneth Junkins on topic permissions branching on donation payment
Thanks Tuan,

The problem, in my mind, is more that a DONATION would be a freeform amount. If someone made, say, a $1.00 donation, they would then have Registered (or higher) permissions, cheating a system that otherwise requires a payment of $15 to become a member and have Registered permissions.

I may not be able to accept random, any-amount donations on my website through Membership Pro, and that's OK, I'll just have to develop another solution. I just like the possibility of a single source solution.

I'll keep working on it. Thanks for your response.

-k-

More
8 months 5 days ago #160381 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic permissions branching on donation payment
Why don't you assign subscribers of other plans to a higher permission user group like Paid Members as I said ? If you want to give them certain permission, they should not just be assigned to Registered user group

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc