Issue: new user message - "membership expired" when activating

• CEO
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159973 by CEO
Hello,

I am running Membership pro 2.26.3 on Joomla 3.10.11 and PhP 7.4. (I know this is an outdated configuration, but for other reasons we need to move slowly with updating the platform.)

Our site takes annual prepaid memberships that expire after 1 year and are not set to auto-renew. Users with expired subscriptions can log in, renew, then proceed into the site.

Today a user subscribed for annual membership and paid via PayPal. PayPal sent me the confirmation of the funds.

Membership Pro shows that this new user is listed, but not enabled and not activated. The new user reported that they were not able to activate membership.

ISSUE:  The user received our activation email with a link to activate the account.  They clicked the link, but the website did not allow them to enter the site. Instead, they were shown a message: "Your membership has expired. Please renew today."  (As mentioned, the annual subscription shows an expiration date on year from today.)

We have set up Membership Pro to send expired users to a profile page where they can renew the membership before entering the main site.

I have never seen this issue until today, although the site is in alpha mode and not receiving a lot of traffic.

Questions:
1. What could cause Membership Pro to present the expiration message to a new user?
2. Are there Membership Pro settings (2.26.3) that affect which message is shown and where the user is sent?
3. What settings, if any, should I explore to find a solution?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #159976 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Honestly, I have no clue about this issue. The activation account process is handled by Joomla, not Membership Pro, so I do not know why Membership Pro shows that message unless there is some very special setup on your site

Maybe that URL (activate account URL) is configured to be restricted somehow by this method membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...trict-access-to-urls ? Maybe you can try to disable plugin System - Membership Pro URLs Restriction to see if it solves that issue?

• CEO
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160032 by CEO
Thanks for the suggestion. I have forwarded your note to our Joomla tech person.

I canceled the user's membership and refunded their payment by clicking the Refund button on the Subscriber Manager > Subscriptions page.

Questions:
1. The user's payment was made via PayPal. Does Membership Pro inform PayPal when an admin initiates a refund and start the refund payment?
2. Will I need to send the refund manually at PayPal?

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160033 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Before I provided more support, please renew your Membership Pro subscription. From our record, your last subscription was from 2021, so your subscription was expired about one year ago.

You need to have an active subscription to continue receiving further support from us. Hope you understand

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc