Dissallow registration from email domain

• Paul Adamson
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #157396 by Paul Adamson
Dissallow registration from email domain was created by Paul Adamson
Hi Tuan, this question also applies to Event Booking but its most important for Memberships.  How can I disallow signup from a particular domain?  I need to exclude signup from all email domains controlled by Proofpoint as they have this one website on their blacklist and I have been unsuccessful at getting it removed.  Right now, if a subscriber signs up using any of the following email domains, @icloud.com, @mac.com or @me.com, then no emails from the site will reach the recipient.  I then have to send an email from a personal account explaining the situation and offering to change their subscription to an alternate email address.

Will I have to write a plugin or is there a way I could exclude email domains in the validator task, perhaps with a regex?

Thanks for your help,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #157397 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Dissallow registration from email domain
Hello Paul

I can be controlled by a Joomla settings (our extensions support that validation rules). Go to Users -> Manage, click on Options button in the toolbar and setup the rules there to disable the domains you want

Then users from these domains won't be allowed to register on your site (for Membership Pro and Events Booking and Joomla in general)

Regards,

Tuan

• Paul Adamson
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #157398 by Paul Adamson
Replied by Paul Adamson on topic Dissallow registration from email domain
And it works! Thanks very much for your help!

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #157399 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Dissallow registration from email domain
You're welcome.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc