• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 6 months ago #153901 by channing meyer
Ability to add quantity in a family plan was created by channing meyer
Hello OSTeam and others:

I posted a request before, joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro-ge...n-a-plan.html#149879 , about creating different membership levels and pricing for family plans.  We implemented but was not very uer friendly having so many options for different plans.

We want to simplify the concept to Adults pay $50/mo, children $35/mo and we can give out a discount coupon.  However, we still have not figured out how to allow a member to add a quantity of adults and a quantity of children e.g Family A has 2 adults and 1 child = $$135/mo  and Family B has 1 adult and 3 children = $155   FAmily C has 1 child = $35/mo

It would be nice when a member signs up to select the number of adults and/or children in their specific fields by either adding a number or perhaps dropdown for the quantity and the calculation be made in the form.

We may be missing something, and perhaps there is a way, but appreciate your assistance.  If, however, this cannot be done with current MP system, we think this would be a good feature.

Thank you.
Channing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #153904 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ability to add quantity in a family plan
Hello

I think you can handle it using Custom Fee Fields feature, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...wn-custom-field-type

Regards,

Tuan

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 6 months ago #153905 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Ability to add quantity in a family plan
Thank you for your response. I am still not quite understanding.
In the subscription form we can set up a field for Adults and they can then select the number of adults in the plan?
And then, there can be a Child field and they can select the number of children?

Is this using Fee Formulas? If so, I do not understand them. I do not know how how the operators work.

Channing

More
1 year 6 months ago #153906 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ability to add quantity in a family plan
You do not need to setup Fee Formula. If you read documentation, you will see that for each option in Values, there is a Fee Values associated to it

For example, you can setup number_adults field with the following settings:

- Values

- Fee Values

Something like that. If users choose 0, they won't be charged for Number Adults. if they choose 1, they will be charged 10$. if they choose 2, they will be charged 20$... and so on

Please try to setup it and let me know if you need help

Tuan

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #153917 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Ability to add quantity in a family plan
Hi Tuan:

That solution we used before. It was a bit too much because of the different price levels. I do understand it. Let me explain better what I was hoping to achieve.

1. A single plan that a person could sign up a single or multiple adults, or sign up a single or multiple children or a mix of adult(s) and child/children. I know we could do three separate plans, but it would be simpler for visitor to just go to one plan and choose I think. They became a bit confused.

2. Instead of radio buttons, have toggle quantities as is available, I believe, in Event Booking e.g. choosing the number of tickets. Trying to avoid a lot of options using radio buttons if possible.

3. The plan(s) are renewable

4. If we had a single plan, then it would have to begin a $0. Currently, there does not seem to be an option to set a renewable plan at 0. Again, hoping to have a single plan if possible.

5. Upgrade options e.g. need to add another child to the plan. And downgrade, remove person.

We can do three separate plans one for adults, one for children and one for both adults and children. What happens when we have a plan with Adults and Children, we will have lots of radio buttons for each option - multiple options for adding more adults and another set for adding additional children.

So trying my best to present an easy solution for our client and their members.

Thanks.
Channing
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by channing meyer. Reason: updating

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc