Translation of "Emails & Messages" for multilingual website

• Davide Giacobbe
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156882 by Davide Giacobbe
Hello,
I have a multilingual website in two languages. After a hard time looking for an English string in Translation menu, after searching in the database I found it was instead in the "Emails & Messages" section.
I see in this section is possible to change the predefined strings into another language, but what about having 2 languages at the same time, like it happens for the "Translation" menu?
I have looked into the documentation, and at the "Multilingual" section it says this can be done in a "Translation" tab in "Emails & Messages", but this tab actually is actually no more present, not even in the "Legacy Emails & Messages" depicted in the documentation.
So I am a bit confused, how is possible to translate "Emails & Messages" in two or more languages, for a multilingual website?

thank you for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #156883 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Davide

Go to Membership Pro -> Emails & Messages, find the message you want to translate, click on it to edit.

On edit screen, you can change both the message and also translate the message to other languages use on your site

Regards,

Tuan

• Davide Giacobbe
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156888 by Davide Giacobbe
Thank you Tuan,
I discovered that the "Translation" tab was not appearing to me into "Emails & Messages", because the Language Filter joomla plugin wasn't yet enabled (since the second language is under development).
So I leave this for anyone that can fall in the same setback.

More
1 year 1 month ago #156894 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ah, Yes. A site will only be a multilingual website if Joomla core Language Filter plugin is enabled. That's why we only enable translation if that plugin is enabled and there are more than one content languages on your site

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davide Giacobbe