2 Subscriptions for same plan and user possible?

• Al Khamsa, Inc.
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #168015 by Al Khamsa, Inc.
2 Subscriptions for same plan and user possible? was created by Al Khamsa, Inc.
I have a case where someone wants 2 of our magazines delivered to her house.  How do I subscriber her twice to the same plan? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #168019 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 2 Subscriptions for same plan and user possible?
That's not possible, unfortunately. When someone subscribes for the same plan second time, the second is treated as renewal

How about creating a custom fee field to allow choosing quantity for the subscription and charge them additional fee if they choose the second copy? That should work for your need, I think

See docs.joomdonation.com/membershippro/basi...wn-custom-field-type for instructions to setup custom fee fields

Regards,

Tuan

• Al Khamsa, Inc.
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #168122 by Al Khamsa, Inc.
Replied by Al Khamsa, Inc. on topic 2 Subscriptions for same plan and user possible?
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll also have to figure out how to handle "gift" subscriptions.

More
1 month 1 week ago #168127 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 2 Subscriptions for same plan and user possible?
Not sure how you want gift subscription to work. However, I think the easiest option would be subscribe for the plan using a completely new user account. Then give access to that account for the user you want

The other option is using group membership. Mean subscribe for the plan as a group, then invite members you want into the group so that they will have same access as yours. See docs.joomdonation.com/membershippro/adva...res/group-membership

Regards,

Tuan