Restrict User to only one Active Membership Plan

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #166214 by David Unwin
This is a very small problem which we can deal with on a manual basis.
We only allow users to have a single active membership plan at any one time. 
However, some users buy a second membership in their name for use by a friend or family member.
I have checked on the configuration options and MP plugins to see if there is a way to stop user creating a second active membership plan, but I could not see anything.
I assume there is no way in Membership Pro to restrict users to one active membership, is this correct?
As I said, this is not a major problem for us, as we have only a few instances of this happening which we can deal with by a manual action.
Just checking.
Kind regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #166222 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Restrict User to only one Active Membership Plan
Hi David

You can still handle it by :

1. Creating a category, set Exclusive Plans parameter to Yes

2. Then assign all plans to that category

By doing that, one user can only have active subscription of one plan inside the category at a time

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #166225 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Restrict User to only one Active Membership Plan
Hi Tuan, 
I never thought of that, thank you. 
We have 2 categories of membership, Individual and Group (Family) 
We say people can only purchase either an Individual or a Family membership, not from both.
If we create a new membership category, we call it 'Memberships' , make that a Parent of the Individual and Group categories and then set 'Memberships' to Exclusive Plans = YES 
Would that mean the user could only subscribe to a single plan from any of the 2 child categories? Or would the Exclusive Plan = YES only apply to plans in the Memberships category?
Kind regards
David

More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #166229 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Restrict User to only one Active Membership Plan
Hi David

Unfortunately, that's only applied for plans from within one category

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 weeks 15 hours ago #166235 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Restrict User to only one Active Membership Plan
Hi Tuan,
 We already had Exclusive Plans = Yes in each category. 
In our case, we don't want to merge the categories into a single category as we have about 15 different membership plans and having them in single category would be confusing for our users. 
We don't want people buying multiple plans on the same account as this will cause problems in Events Booking where our tickets are discounted on the basis of the user's Membership plan.
As I said in the beginning of this thread, this is a minor problem, which we can handle manually if and when it occurs.
No need for you to spend any more time on it.
Thanks again and Kind regards
David