Intégration of social login

• Gaetan Labrecque
  • Topic Author
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #165978 by Gaetan Labrecque
Intégration of social login was created by Gaetan Labrecque
Hello

îm using membership pro to create a new service.  I saw that there is no social login option in membership pro so I installed an extension called Akeeba social login. 

Akeeba integrates everywhere and add social login buttons except in membership pro. I did contact Akeeba to ask them and this is what they responded« As noted, our code DOES NOT render the login buttons in Joomla 4. Our code simply responds to the onUserLoginButtons event which was added in Joomla 4. Plugins responding to this event convey all the information Joomla needs to render additional login buttons such as WebAuthn (included in Joomla), SocialLogin etc.If your extension does not render these buttons please talk to its developer. They need to update its code for Joomla 4. There is nothing you can do with an override. »

so, s there a way to integrate social login in membership pro, it could be using Akeeba social login or another way. 

thank you very much for your help

Gaetan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #165982 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Intégration of social login
Hi Gaetan

Could you please contact Akeeba support again and ask them for link for integration document? I will see if we can add support for that integration in the extension

Tuan

• Gaetan Labrecque
  • Topic Author
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #165988 by Gaetan Labrecque
Replied by Gaetan Labrecque on topic Intégration of social login
Hello

I already asked him that and here is its answer

As noted, our code DOES NOT render the login buttons in Joomla 4. Our code simply responds to the onUserLoginButtons event which was added in Joomla 4. Plugins responding to this event convey all the information Joomla needs to render additional login buttons such as WebAuthn (included in Joomla), SocialLogin etc.

If your extension does not render these buttons please talk to its developer. They need to update its code for Joomla 4. There is nothing you can do with an override.

The thread is there
github.com/akeeba/sociallogin/issues/117

Thank you. If you could just integrate it with your software that would be great.