Member renewal processed but dates not updated

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165643 by Nicky Telles
Hi there 

We are running Membership Pro on our site and our renewals are processing via a recurring payment in Stripe. There were four members however, that had renewed and their dates in their profile had not updated and their membership expired. I received the notification of their membership renewal, What could have caused this to happen. The rest of the members have fine and the dates were updated. I have fixed the four that this happened too but wanted to know if there is a reason this may have happened. 

Thanks 

Nicky 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #165647 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Member renewal processed but dates not updated
Hi Nicky

This is a strange issue. When you said you receive notification, are you receiving notification from Membership Pro or From Stripe ?

Could you please check these subscription records to see if there are Subscription ID data in the record? If there is Subscription ID data, the renewal should work well

Tuan

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165665 by Nicky Telles
Replied by Nicky Telles on topic Member renewal processed but dates not updated
The subscription ID on the Subscribers profile does not match the subscription ID in the email sent from the system when the recur happened. Can you advise why this may have happened and how i should fix this. As I said there were four of these.

More
1 month 1 week ago #165668 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Member renewal processed but dates not updated
Hi Nicky

Just correct Subscription ID. Basically, you will need to find recurring payment profile ID (some payment gateways call it Subscription ID) from your payment gateway account for these subscriptions and update data for these subscription records

Regards,

Tuan

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165709 by Nicky Telles
Replied by Nicky Telles on topic Member renewal processed but dates not updated
Okay I will check them and alter them for these four but do you know why this may have happened.

More
1 month 1 week ago #165715 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nicky

Honestly, I don't really know. It could be because :

1. The records were migrated from other systems to Membership Pro

2. Or if the records were created by Membership Pro, maybe at that time, the payment gateway did not notify the extension properly somehow

Tuan

More
2 days 21 hours ago #166481 by Francis Bartucca
Replied by Francis Bartucca on topic Member renewal processed but dates not updated
I've had the same problem. Out of about 60 renewals this year 2 of them were not given the correct End Date and the memberships expired. I looked at the transaction ID in each MP subscription record and was able to match it up exactly with the same transaction ID on the PayPal site.

In both cases the payment was successful. The Created Date and the Payment Date fields in the MP subscription records also matched up well with the timestamps in the PayPal records. The problem is that the "Subscription End Date" was not updated to 2024-12-31 23:59:59 and the memberships expired.

Subscription Start Date Subscription End Date Created Date Payment Date Status
1) 2023-01-01 00:00:00 2023-12-31 23:59:59 2024-01-25 13:21:49 2024-01-25 13:22:09 Expired
2) 2023-01-01 00:00:00 2023-12-31 23:59:59 2024-01-05 15:43:04 2024-01-05 15:44:34 Expired

I can't find anything unique about these 2 transactions. All MP records on the system were natively generated by MP. No records were migrated.

More
1 day 15 hours ago #166522 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For this, I would need to check it directly on your site. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super user account of your site and tell me ID of the subscription records which are having wrong data so that I can check and hopefully, we can see the reason

Tuan