Search and filters

• craig kennedy
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago #164521 by craig kennedy
Search and filters was created by craig kennedy
Like many others I used to use Membership pro with Easy Profile, and they both worked well together, the membership taking care of exactly that, and the easy profile giving the various search parameters needed.  Now Im porting the entire site form J3 to J5, and Easy profile is incompatible, so heres my question.

The members on the site I work on need to be searchable by the general public, but the initial display has to be random, this part is ok, membership pro has that option and its working fine, but I need to add in filters, that when selected will reduce the users down to those who fit the filters, and I also want to have a filter by locaiton, ie I want to see all users who are within a 5 mile radious of Central London for example.

Any way in which this can be done with membership pro?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #164522 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Search and filters
Hi Craig

Unfortunately, radius search like that is not supported in Membership Pro at the moment

Tuan

• craig kennedy
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago #164541 by craig kennedy
Replied by craig kennedy on topic Search and filters
ok, but I dont see any filters available at all?

More
2 months 1 week ago #164552 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
How do you want the filters to be show? If you have checkboxes, Radio or List (select) custom fields and want to allow users to filter members data base on these fields, try to go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields, click on the field to edit. Set Filterable to Yes and users will be able to filter for members data base on values from the field

Regards,

Tuan

• craig kennedy
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #165244 by craig kennedy
Replied by craig kennedy on topic Search and filters
ok got it, I created a new field called region, added in the list of regions, and it does indeed apppear in the filter list when I need it to, but when I set it to map to the default joomla profile state/region it does not work, so unless the member adds in their details, and then add in the region again in the new custom field, the search does not work.

What I nee dis to be able to set one of the default fields (region) to be a filter option on a page but i see no option for this

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #165247 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Your last comment is not very clear to me. I don't know how the filter is related to User Profile here because the search and filter is actually controlled by Membership Pro. It does not have anything to do with user profile

Regards,

Tuan