Day pass / access audio

• xgipper
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #159842 by xgipper
Day pass / access audio was created by xgipper
Hi.
I have a couple of pre-sales questions regarding Membership Pro:
  • Can one offer really short subscriptions, such as a 12 hr or 24hr 'day pass' (or even shorter?) to view site content as a one-off sale (or even to view one article?). If not what's the minimum period?
  • I have a number of audio files on my site, which use embedded players (and people can right click and download). Is it possible to make these only available to subscribers (other than making the pages - or sections - the players are on require a sub to view).
  • Similarly is there a way to do this with embedded YouTube videos?
  • I have a UK PayPal business account, and a Stripe account. Are these gateways included inthe core package?
Thank you.
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by xgipper. Reason: clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159857 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Day pass / access audio
Hello

1. Yes, you can have subscription length in Hours, or even in Minutes (for example 30 minutes)

2. Guess you will need to embed these videos into articles somehow. Then use article restrictions method to restrict access to these videos for paid subscribers only. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...s-to-joomla-articles

3. Only PayPal payment plugin is included in core package. Stripe payment plugin, however, will cost you extra 24.99$. It is not included in the package by default

Regards,

Tuan

• xgipper
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159917 by xgipper
Replied by xgipper on topic Day pass / access audio
Thanks. One further question: If I buy and add to my J3.x site, how easy is the upgrade process to J4?.
Thanks

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159932 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

The extension is already compatible with Joomla 4. So you can just upgrade your site from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 and it will work well. Nothing special for Membership Pro upgrade, it works well with both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4

Regards,

Tuan

• xgipper
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 1 week ago #160096 by xgipper
Thank you. I have another question please (maybe I should start a new thread): I already have a number of supporters who effectively donate varying amounts per month via PayPal or standing order (but for no benefit other than to literally support the site; this is not currently in any way linked to restricted/paywalled content).

Is it possible for me to set up one plan (of several) using Membership Pro, that is free for an unlimited period, that these supporting people may use to create an account on my site and therefore gain access to restricted/premium content - if they qualify and are manually approved?.Would I then be able to stop their subscription if they cease their supporting donations, or perhaps wish to switch over to an alternative membership pro plan that involves payment via the site.

Hope this makes sense! Thanks for any advice.

More
8 months 1 week ago #160101 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Honestly, I don't understand exactly how you want it to work. Maybe create a plan with :

1. Access Level set to Special (or event Super Users) so that users cannot see and subscribe for these plans

2. Then when you want to give someone subscription of that plan (so that they can access to the restricted resources), you can access to Subscriptions Management and create new subscription record for them manually ?

Regards,

Tuan

• xgipper
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 1 week ago #160149 by xgipper
Thanks. I didn't articulate my question very well, but if I can manually create them a subscription (and a login as part of the same process?) for 'free' (because they're already paying elsewhere) until I cancel it, that would work..

More
8 months 1 week ago #160150 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. You can create the subscription record yourself. Give it a try and let me know if you still have questions

Regards,

Tuan