Uncompleted Stripe Checkout creates new pending subscription each time

• David Morley
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #158288 by David Morley
Hi Tuan, very happy with the Stripe payment plugin I've just set up. I have one question - if for some reason a subscriber fails to make the payment for a plan renewal (or I suppose a new plan) and returns to the site they get a message that Subscription is cancelled. In the Subscriptions area in the backend a new pending subscription is created for each failed or abandoned payment attempt. Is there a setting to not have these "ghost" subscriptions not created? If a subscriber subsequently successfully pays for the renewal an extra "Active" plan is created. Attached screenshot of membership history from the frontend... I assume that settings "Subscription Renewal Behavior" to Update Subscription rather than create new subscription would solve this, but I would like to see the individual annual subscriptions ideally. Many thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #158289 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello David

The system needs to create these subscription records before redirecting users to payment gateway

However, these records should be hidden by default. Please go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, set Show Incomplete Payment Records config option to No and these ghost records won't be shown. It should address your concern

Tuan

• David Morley
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #158290 by David Morley
Thanks for the very quick response - that has solved it! Genius

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #158291 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Happy to hear that and thanks for confirming

Tuan