• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #157863 by Chris Jarvis
New member got renewing rate discount was created by Chris Jarvis
Hello

I have had a new person visit our website yesterday and today and repeatedly tried to subscribe to our membership option. It shows as pending against their attempts repeatedly which means the payment didn't go through usually but what I did notice was somehow after a number of tries they have been able to jump from a full price student membership to a renewing student membership with the discount applied even though they haven't ever become a member with us yet. I have never seen this before with the way I have setup my memberships and wondered if I could get some help or advice please.

We have always had it where new memberships are one price and only when you have signed up to that do you get a discount when it comes time to renew.

This time though this person has tried to sign up for our membership and created a new username but their payment failed each time. They kept trying and then when the payment did go through they have been signed in and been offered the renewal discount somehow.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am trying to explain and sorry if I haven't explained myself very well.

I can give more details if needed.

On the screenshot attached I would expect after the way I have setup my plans that they could only sign up as the $86.70 rate for their first membership with us.

Then after a year they can renew with the discount plan and this is how things work for me usually.

I'm not sure how this person could have jumped to renewing discount plan

Happy to log a ticket if that would be easier
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #157867 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New member got renewing rate discount
Hi Chris

For this, better submit a support ticket sending me:

1. Super admin account of the site

2. Tell me username/email of the subscriber which is having this issue

I will check to see why the issue happens and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.