Best way to cancel recurring payments?

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 6 days ago #157748 by LMKweb
I have a set of recurring monthly payments that need to be canceled because I set them up incorrectly a few months ago. It was my first time adding a one-time fee to the first payment, so instead of the system collecting 8 total payments, it collected the first as a "trial payment" and then 8 more (so 9 total). Because the first sign-up was late August, I have several subscribers that have already completed 8 payments and are coming up on the 9th due date. What's the best way to cancel the 9th payment without making the subscription inactive? Is it possible to do this through the Membership Pro dashboard, or should I cancel it in PayPal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 days ago #157760 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Best way to cancel recurring payments?
Hi

Please configure Advanced Parameters for the payment plugin membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...al#advanced-settings . Then you can cancel the recurring subscription from administrator area of Membership Pro (go to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions, click on the subscription record and on next screen, you should see the cancel button)

Please note that you should only cancel that subscription after receiving 8 payments

Regards,

Tuan

• LMKweb
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 6 days ago #157762 by LMKweb
Replied by LMKweb on topic Best way to cancel recurring payments?
Thank you! Do you know which email message is generated when you do this? I’d like to edit the template to apologize for the error so they don’t get confused.

More
1 year 5 days ago #157766 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Best way to cancel recurring payments?
Hi

You can go to Membership Pro -> Emails & Messages, find and change :

- user_recurring_subscription_cancel_subject
- user_recurring_subscription_cancel_body

That's the email subject and email message sent to subscribers when their recurring subscription cancelled

Tuan