User activation with email or admin: 403 error

• Andrea Delton
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #156019 by Andrea Delton
User activation with email or admin: 403 error was created by Andrea Delton
For user registration in Joomla Configuration I chose:
Allow Registration: NO
Activation of new users: via Email (see photo)
In Membership Pro I chose:
Registration integration: YES
Generate password automatically: YES
Send Activation Email: YES
When a user registers, an email arrives with the activation link, like https://mysite/component/users/?task=registration.activate&token=a85694aa2a165b6edc0339dd1d946415&Itemid=142, but if the user clicks on the link or enters it Error 403 Access not allowed "/home/mysite/domains/mysite/public_html/components/com_users/src/Controller/RegistrationController.php (53) appears in the browser.
Same problem and error if I choose Activation of new users: Administrator. Same error on two different development hostings.

I tried allowing registration through the original Joomla form and confirming activation via email and via Admin and both work fine, without errors. With Membership it gives no problems only if I choose NONE to activate.
How to resolve the 403 error and allow Membership subscription with email activation or admin?

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Andrea Delton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156022 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic User activation with email or admin: 403 error
Hello

It happens because you disable user registration. You need to set Allow Registration in Joomla Configuration to Yes and it will work well

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.