subscription purchases not registering in Membership Pro

• boogers
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #154667 by boogers
Hi. When I go through the process to test the purchase of a subscription it is not registering in Membership pro. I am using Paypal payment plugin. The payments are going through and I receive the receipt from Paypal in my email.

From the user side, I go through the steps just like someone visiting my site, fill out all fields and hit process subscription. I am then taken to Paypal to complete the payment. Everything goes through and I get confirmation. I then click on the return to merchant. After checking my email there is no receipt but checking my paypal account activity shows the payment went through.

From the site admin side I receive a Paypal email "Notification of payment received". I do not receive any email from Membership Pro to let me know there is a new subscription. This has been an ongoing thing for a couple months but I just updated to the latest version of Membership Pro today. Before the update I could view new subscribers to see their information. After the update there is no indication that anyone has subscribed even though there are Paypal receipts showing payment has been made.

There are no new subscriptions or subscribers listed. There are no emails in the email logs. There are no pending subscriptions. There is absolutely nothing that I can find that let's me know there has been a new subscriber.

I'm not sure what other information would be helpful but this is a bit of an urgent issue.

Thanks for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154668 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
There are some reasons could causes this issue. Please follow instructions at membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/troubl...-ipn-troubleshooting and provide us more data if needed

Tuan

• boogers
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #154815 by boogers
Ok so after getting the issue sorted above I have found the following:

If I complete a test purchase using a coupon code for 100% off I receive an email with all the customer's information. When I do a subscription where payment is processed through Paypal I do not receive this email (generally, but occasionally one will come through).

When looking at subscriptions I can see that everything is processed. When I check the email logs some subscriptions do generate an email but most do not. I cannot seem to find any correlation between working and non-working emails. Every once in a while a paid subscription will generate an email but mostly they do not. I'm completely lost on what to check. Anybody have any idea?
Thanks.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154816 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You first need to update your site to latest version of the extension. From our record, look like you are using a very outdated version (purchased from 2018) and it is very likely that the old version is not compatible with the Joomla / PHP version you are using.

Upgrade should solve the issue. If not, you can submit a support ticket and we will need to check it further (there are many things to check like check the IPN to see if it is disabled, check IPN Messages to see if it sent back to your site properly...). It will have to be checked directly on your site and your PayPal account

Tuan

• boogers
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago #154907 by boogers
Hi. Not sure where you are seeing an old version. I recently purchased and updated to 3.2.0.
I had gone through the IPN stuff and sent you the info in a ticket for a different but related issue. That ticket has been closed now.
Please just let me know what my next step is and I'll get on it.
Thanks!

More
1 year 4 months ago #154915 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Could you please submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site? I will take a quick look at your setup and guide you with the next steps

Regards,

Tuan

• boogers
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago #154957 by boogers
Thank you. I will do so right away.

More
1 year 4 months ago #154958 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks. Will check and reply you via support ticket

Regards,

Tuan