Grouped or/ad Sub-Plans?

More
1 year 8 months ago #152903 by RussW
Grouped or/ad Sub-Plans? was created by RussW
Is there a way to group or have sub-plans?

Example:
5x video's in a course

Grouped Plan A : Includes access to all 5x video's  ($500)

- Sub-Plan A1: Only includes access to video 1  ($100)
 - Sub-Plan A2: Only includes access to video 2  ($100)
 - Sub-Plan A3: Only includes access to video 3  ($100)
 - Sub-Plan A4: Only includes access to video 4  ($100)
 - Sub-Plan A5: Only includes access to video 5  ($100)

Allowing users to subscribe to either all five video's in one subscription, or select only the video's that they want to view out of the five available video's.

Thanks for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #152907 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Grouped or/ad Sub-Plans?
There should be a way. However, I want to know what method you are using to give subscribers access to these restricted videos at the moment? Please let me know so that I can understand your setup and hopefully, can guide you with a solution

Tuan

More
1 year 8 months ago #152922 by RussW
Replied by RussW on topic Grouped or/ad Sub-Plans?
Hi Tuan,

thanks for the prompt response, at the moment the initial thought was to have a new group above registered users to manage user access, I'm thinking of embedding the video's in individual articles, so I figured using the Membership Pro URL feature to actually manage access to each the video pages, if that makes sense and seems to be the best method to you. This is planning and has not been actually built yet, so any suggestions would be appreciated. The video's themselves are going to be hosted on a Vimeo Pro account.

More
1 year 8 months ago #152925 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Grouped or/ad Sub-Plans?
Hi Russ

Maybe you should use ACL restriction methods to restrict access to these videos membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...ction/use-joomla-acl or use this method membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...s-to-joomla-articles , it works, too

In that case, beside individual plans as you mentioned, you can create a Group Plan and give subscribers to access to the videos from all plans inside the group. That should work without any special setup

Or if it is needed, you can use this plugin membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/plugins/auto-subscribe so that when someone subscribe for group plan, he will be subscribed automatically to all plans inside that group. That should work, too

So from what I see, there are different ways to setup. Please think about it and choose the method works best for your need

Tuan