Transferring members from a Drupal site to our new Joomla site

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #151933 by Nicky Telles
I am about to export members from our old Drupal website's database and enter their details into the template from the Membership Pro extension to import to our new Joomla site with Membership Pro.

My question is - I want to set the membership to recurring but when I move the members from the old site - there will not be the credit card data (of course) so how will this work when the membership expires at the end of the year and the membership is set to recurring. Will the member simply have to log in and go through the process once to set the recurring membership up?

Thanks kindly for your help.

Nicky 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #151934 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nicky

What payment method you are using to accept recurring payments in your old Drupal website?

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #151935 by Nicky Telles
We are setting up Stripe to use. As yet we are still to finalise this but this is what we will use.

More
1 year 10 months ago #151936 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So existing users on your old site used stripe payment gateway for recurring subscriptions ?

Tuan

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #151937 by Nicky Telles
No we dont have a recurring membership on the old site we use eWay as our payment gateway.

More
1 year 10 months ago #151938 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ah, if so, when their subscription expires at the end of year, they would have to login and renew their subscription on your new site

Tuan

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #151939 by Nicky Telles
Yes thats correct, so I will import the members using the CSV template and they will be loaded on the site with their expiration date set and then do they simply log in when they are sent their reminder and renew using the new gateway Stripe and the membership subscription set to recurring?

More
1 year 10 months ago #151940 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes, that's right. However, keep in might that users would have to reset their password. I don't think you can transfer users password from old Drupal site to the new Joomla site.

Tuan

• Nicky Telles
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #151941 by Nicky Telles
Yes I thought that I would ask them to do that as soon as we have transferred over their profiles as it is not as easy as just exporting then importing I think I have to do it manually.

Okay I was just checking that it would work okay having the subscription set to recurring from the start and trying to prevent any issues.

Thanks

More
1 year 10 months ago #151942 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Nicky. Please continue setting up the extension. If you have question or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan