How to create a Plan which only works with Coupon Code

• x-bit
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #148805 by x-bit
Hello!
How would I setup a plan which can only be activated with a valid coupon code and no amount? I couldn't find anything in the manual or am I blind

Thanks for any help
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by x-bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #148811 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to create a Plan which only works with Coupon Code
Actually, we do not have any option like that in the extension. Coupon code is optional, we do not have an option to make it required for certain plan

Tuan

• x-bit
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #148826 by x-bit
Hey Tuan, thanks for your response.

Could it be done through a new payment processor?

When signing up big groups, mostly federal or corporate, we receive payment by bank transfer forehand. We would like to hand out 100% discount coupons so we get everybody to sign up with their private email and if the company don't want to renew, we can give those users a special incentive to renew on their own.

More
2 years 3 months ago #148873 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to create a Plan which only works with Coupon Code
No, it could not be a new payment processor. It will require customizing code of the extension, however

Tuan

• x-bit
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #148898 by x-bit
Hi Tuan!

We would be highly interested in such a solution. Please let me know how we could get such changes made as we are having a test run this week and would like to incorporate the coupons as well.

More
2 years 3 months ago #148916 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

This will require customization to the code. The idea is adding a new setting to the plan to allow requiring coupon and if it is required, we will force users to enter a valid coupon code to subscribe for the plan

This customization will cost you 30$

Regards,

Tuan

• x-bit
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #148930 by x-bit
That's ok with us!
Please keep in mind that this should be possible with the 1.18 version you sent me.
Thank you so much for you appreciated help!

More
2 years 3 months ago #148933 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Please submit a support ticket so that we can guide you for the next steps. If it is possible, please send give us super admin account of your site which is having that old version of Membership Pro installed so that we can do that customization

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #149179 by Jeff Stone
I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there is an option in the Plan setup that says "Require Coupon - Yes or No" and if this is enabled, you can not complete the form without a coupon code entered...
Admin Page:

Frontend Page

You can also specify which plans a coupon will  only work for, and how many times in the Coupons setup
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Jeff Stone.

More
2 years 3 months ago #149187 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Jeff. That's right. Actually, we implemented that option for @x-bit for the old version of Membership Pro which he is using on his site. Then I added it to latest package of Membership Pro so that it is easier to maintain (and could be useful for other customers, too)

Tuan