paypal success but still pending?

• Odin Mayland
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146568 by Odin Mayland
paypal success but still pedning? was created by Odin Mayland
  1. I paid through Paypal
  2. I received my successful payment email from paypal.  
  3.  I return to merchant and I was directed to the "Subscription Complete” page.
  4. I then Checked the backend and saw that my subscription is PENDING.  

Why is it pending if the PayPal payment was successful? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146572 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic paypal success but still pedning?
Hello Odin

That mean PayPal IPN message could not reach your site for some reasons, so Membership Pro does not receive data and could not update status of the subscription to active. Please follow instructions at membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...hooting-instructions , submit a support ticket sending me the requested information

I will then look at it and give you instructions to get the issue sorted

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #146634 by Daniel A Halsey
Replied by Daniel A Halsey on topic paypal success but still pending?
mc_gross=0.01&protection_eligibility=Eligible&payer_id=S8GR3RM68JRBA&tax=0.00&payment_date=17:46:06 Sep 22, 2021 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=Jeff&mc_fee=0.01&notify_version=3.9&custom=7506&payer_status=verified&business=ncplantdatabase@gmail.com&quantity=1&verify_sign=AdRxtbczZqBOGkZUtvu3rRquyhZGAxL6dQe.GbMkhh9UABtFf8u8aunT&payer_email=webwizard@modernmagic.com&txn_id=4U86590551276083H&payment_type=instant&payer_business_name=Modern Magic&last_name=Mayland&receiver_email=ncplantdatabase@gmail.com&payment_fee=0.01&shipping_discount=0.00&receiver_id=593RW4JG7RV7W&insurance_amount=0.00&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Payment for Test Plan subscription&discount=0.00&mc_currency=USD&item_number=&residence_country=US&shipping_method=Default&transaction_subject=&payment_gross=0.01&ipn_track_id=ad2e75bf780c0

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Daniel A Halsey.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146638 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic paypal success but still pending?
Hello

As you can see from the IPN message, Delivery Status is Disabled. That mean PayPal IPN is disabled in your PayPal account and you will have to enable it for the system to work

Please follow instructions at developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/not...ations/ipn/IPNSetup/ to enable PayPal IPN. PayPal will ask you for IPN URL and for this, just enter URL of your site there

Regards,

Tuan

• Odin Mayland
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #146655 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic paypal success but still pending?
That solved it.

I wonder if Paypal disables it on their own for some issue. Regardless it's working now.

Thank you!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 7 months ago #146662 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Happy to hear that and thanks for the update. For PayPal IPN, they disable PayPal IPN after a number of failed IPN messages, I guess that was happened for your case

Anyway, it works well now, so we are all happy

Tuan

More
2 years 1 month ago #150658 by Daniel A Halsey
Replied by Daniel A Halsey on topic paypal success but still pending?
It has happened again.

I assume it has to do with just using domain.com as the Notification URL.

I read somewhere "There is likely a plugin security/firewall type on your site that is blocking the IPN message sent by PayPal. If the IPN message is blocked then it will never reach the e-commerce plugin and hence the plugin will fail to process the payment and send sale notification emails."

What would be a better Notification URL so that it doesn't get disabled again?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 month ago #150659 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Daniel

Usually, PayPal disable IPN if there are errors when they send IPN messages to websites. The URL you entered here is not important because Membership Pro just needs PayPal IPN enabled, it registers URL it want to receive IPN message for each transaction itself.

Before IPN is disabled, PayPal should send emails telling you that there is something wrong with IPN contains URL which fail to process IPN messages. Do you receive any email like that? If Yes, you should know what's the URL having the error and we can check it from there

Tuan

• Odin Mayland
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #150666 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic paypal success but still pending?
On 1/19/22, 22:05, "service@paypal.com" wrote:

Hello Natural Capital, LLC ,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Messages sent to the following URL(s) are not being received:

www.permacultureplantdata.com/index.php?...pe=notify&Itemid=403

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 month ago #150671 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Odin

So the problem here is that in the last, you used com_jemembership extension (guess before you switched to use Membership Pro) and for the existing subscriptions (which were registered via com_jemembership ), PayPal still sends notification to that old URL

Since the extension was removed (I guess), the IPN message sent to that old URL is failed. After certain failed times, PayPal will disable IPN of your account. To solve this issue:

1. Re-install the extension (just make it a hidden extension, do not create any menu items to disable it in frontend of your site)

2. Or contact PayPal, ask them to see if they have a way to disable IPN messages send to that specific URL only (while still enable IPN for other URLs) ?

Tuan