Problem - Recurring

• Peter Stummer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #141350 by Peter Stummer
Problem - Recurring was created by Peter Stummer
Hello.

1. Why is the monthly amount not debited, what have I set incorrectly? Someone registered, he paid with Mollie and then after a month "experied" was on his subscription and the next installment was not debited by Membership Pro. See photo of the setting of the plan.

Subscription: The package costs X euro and is debited monthly. The contract duration is 1 year and is automatically extended by one year if the customer does not cancel. So I have recruiting number 0 (unlimited) and I cancel the subscription manually if the customer has canceled the subscription.

2. Somebody tried to buy his subscription again (renew) and after paying it still says in his profile that it has already expired, but is active, so the old date is - very weird. Photo attached.

​​​​​​​

Thank you very much for your help. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #141354 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Problem - Recurring
Hello Peter

1. Your setup looks good to me.

2. From the data of the subscription record, you can see that the subscription was already registered with Mollie (look at Subscription ID field, you can see ID of the subscription). So I have no clue why Mollie does not process the next payment. For this, maybe you should contact Mollie and ask them to see why they do not process payment for that subscription?

3. For the subscriber who is renewing and get that expired issue, could you please submit a support ticket sending me:

- Super admin account of the site
- The subscriber account
- Link to the profile page which is saying he is expired

I will check to see what's wrong with that account and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

• Peter Stummer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #141367 by Peter Stummer
Replied by Peter Stummer on topic Problem - Recurring
Hello,

in the formulation I was perhaps not exactly clear.

So in this case there is no subscription ID for this subscription in MembershipPro either. Mollie doesn't find the problem either, they said that MembershipPro did not send a subscription request, but the first payment was successful. I have now registered for myself for the same plan and got subscriptonID right away.
I will send you the photo of the subscription:

I have other questions:1. Is it possible to change the UserModification email address? See the picture billow:

2. How can I turn off the activation. So I don't want you to have to activate yourself by email in order to log into your profile? So just a confirmation email and then get in.

3. I have a new idea. I want to sell PDFs.

I have a document "ABC" which is current from January 2020. This document costs 19.99 euros. I would like the customer to receive the document by email after payment. This document should not be available in his profile. Because if I change the document to then he can also download the new version, I don't want that (if he always wants the latest document, he should pay a subscription)

My imagination:
• Contract duration is irrelevant (in my opinion, since it should be sent by email and the document is not in his profile)
• With the order confirmation I send a text and the document "ABC" (welcome mail). When a new version of the document appears, I change the welcome mail to plan.

My question:
How can I switch off the expiry confirmation that the customer does not receive any emails other than the first email?

II thought I was hiring a Lifetime Membership plan, but that's not a good thing. if the customer wants to buy the plan (product) again (because of a new version), it doesn't work, so I need the "renew" option.

So I am making a plan without a recruiting setting with a duration of 1 day. After payment he receives the email with the attachment. If he wants to buy the new version in 3 months, he can renew his plan, he will receive the mail with the new version of the document. What do you think or any suggestion?

It is important that no other emails are sent, i.e. only an order confirmation and invoice. But it should only apply to this one plan, the other plans (subscriptions) must have confirmation of expiry. Is that possible? 

I know that MembershipPro is not an eCommerce / Online Shop, but at the moment I only have to find a solution for MembershipPro.

More
3 years 1 month ago #141371 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Problem - Recurring
Hello Peter

1. About the subscription issue:

- For some reasons, the subscription was not created for that subscriber in Mollie and I don't know why. As you can see, when you tested it, it worked well, so maybe the error happens in some special conditions which we don't know about it yet

Maybe you should check some other subscribers and make sure it is working well?

2. If you don't want users to have to activate their account manually:

- Go to Membership Pro -> Configuration:

+ Set Send Activation Email config option to No
+ Set Only Create User Account When Membership Active/Approved config option to Yes

- Go to Users -> Manage, click on Options button in the toolbar, set New User Account Activation to Self

With that setup, it should work as expected

3. Your idea works. However, as of right now, Membership Pro does not have an option to send Documents you want to subscriber email when they subscribe for your plan, so this is not configurable

Tuan