• Vincenzo
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #140788 by Vincenzo
Auto login seems not to auto login was created by Vincenzo
Hi Dear,

I want to report that I see for a couple of users that completed a subscription, that Joomla report "Never logged in", even if Membership Pro configuration, Auto Login is set to Yes.

What can I do? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140793 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Auto login seems not to auto login
Hello Vincenzo

There are not many things which we can do here. Usually, after users complete payment for the subscription, payment gateway needs to notify Membership Pro about the payment

When Membership Pro receives notification, it needs to validate payment, update status of subscription record to Active, sending emails...

If users come back to the site too fast or the payment gateway slows with that notification, status of the subscription is still Pending at the time users come back to the site, so Membership Pro won't perform auto login in this case and it causes the issue

So this works in some cases, not others and it is actually out of our control

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincenzo

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #141079 by Vince Ginsburg
Replied by Vince Ginsburg on topic Auto login seems not to auto login
Hi Tuan, we're experiencing the same issue. Users are registering to our site via PayPal, and clearing the PayPal payment page, but upon redirecting back to our site (and seeing the Subscription Complete page) they are still not auto-logged in (despite this being enabled in our Config settings). Furthermore, not only are they not auto logged-in, but their Subscription status is left at Pending unless manually activated by an admin.

Based on what you said above, it sounds like PayPal is not delivering the confirmation "token" of completed payment fast enough? Is there any way to confirm or fix this?

For what it's worth, here is the PayPal URL I see when the completed payment is redirecting back to the site:
Code:
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/billing/subscriptions?ba_token=BA-0EV58758NP215244M&country.x=US&locale.x=en_US&mfid=1611636226711_23834e4ad7c4d&mode=member&token=4XT85906HR5085832

P.S. We do have the PayPal API settings enabled and completed.

EDIT: Found the solution. By following the troubleshooting instructions found here we were able to resolve the issue, and now new subscriber registrations properly redirect back from PayPal to our site auto-logged-in AND automatically set to Active: membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/troubl...-ipn-troubleshooting
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Vince Ginsburg. Reason: Found solution!

More
3 years 2 months ago #141092 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Auto login seems not to auto login
Great Vince. I'm happy to here that you were able to follow the troubleshooting tips and get the issue sorted

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vince Ginsburg