Different prices per location?

• Claire Haas
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140691 by Claire Haas
Different prices per location? was created by Claire Haas
Hi,

Is it possible to charge different plan prices for different locations of members please? Each month a physical product is also shipped out to monthly subscribers and shipping costs need to be calculated differently for UK, EU & Rest of World. So the monthly fee for each member will depend on their shipping location. Is this possible please? Or is there a work-around using Joomla acl maybe?

Many thanks
Claire :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Claire Haas
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140695 by Claire Haas
Replied by Claire Haas on topic Different prices per location?
Ok, I have worked out that I can use eShop to sell Membership Pro Plans so that takes care of the first months shipping costs. Now for the rest of the months though...

This is what I would like to achieve:
A 12 month plan paid with recurring monthly payments.
Month 1 costs £35 + shipping
Months 2-12 cost £15 + shipping

This is what I have got:
1x eShop product for £35 (+ shipping) that subscribes them to a Membership Pro Plan.
1x Membership Pro Plan £15, subscription length 1 month, recurring for 11 months (how to do shipping costs here?).

I could not find any documentation on this eShop plugin, so what happens at the end of month one? Does the 11 months recurring start automatically or does the customer have to do some to renew?

Also, I wanted to use the Scheduled Content plugin to show one, different, Article each month for the 12 months. But... how can I do this if the Membership Pro Plan has a subscription length of one month? Can I really schedule Articles for months 2 to 12, is this a feature of the recurring function?

Thank you in advance for any advice, suggestions and help.
Claire 

More
3 years 3 months ago #140700 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Different prices per location?
Hello Claire

Use Eshop is not a solution here. Maybe you should try to setup all of this using Membership Pro

Basically, you should create a custom fee field to allow choosing location with 3 options:

- UK
- EU
- Rest Of World

Then charge them different fee base on their selection. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...wn-custom-field-type

That would be a good start

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Claire Haas

• Claire Haas
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140760 by Claire Haas
Replied by Claire Haas on topic Different prices per location?
Hi Tuan,

Ah, ok. Thank you. I have followed the instructions in the link and I have one more question please. How can I make this apply only to the first month and apply another custom field to months 2 to 12 (the shipping cost is cheaper for these months). Is that possible?

Kind regards
Claire

More
3 years 3 months ago #140763 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Different prices per location?
Hi Claire

Sorry, but it is not possible. There is no way to apply fee from one custom field for first month and another field for other months

Tuan