Customize filter feature for admin Reports view

• Joseph Turner
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #138121 by Joseph Turner
Copied from this: joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro/68...ship-pro.html#136068

"Filter base on given fields are possible with some customization. Depends on how many fields you want to filter, we can give you quotation later, but not much"

The original topic was about a front end solution. I'm interested in customize the filtering for the admin view for Membership Pro Reports.
I have a view override in place that shows the admin_group_id number rather than the name of the group admin. Our client wants to see integer group ids.
I'd like to be able to at least filter by the admin_group_id and even better by any core or custom field.

Is it possible to customize the filter fields on the admin Reports view? And if so, how should I go about that?
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Joseph Turner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #138122 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Customize filter feature for admin Reports view
Hello

It should be possible to perform some customization to the view. However, exactly how you want to customize it? Please let us know your details requirement. We will look at it and give you quotation

Regards,

Tuan

• Joseph Turner
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138187 by Joseph Turner
Replied by Joseph Turner on topic Customize filter feature for admin Reports view

I'd like to add to the list of fields that can be filtered by on the admin reports view.
The most important field that I'd like to add would be the Group Admin ID number (Renamed "Group ID" in the attached image).

More
3 years 6 months ago #138190 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Customize filter feature for admin Reports view
Basically, you want to search for group member records base on group admin id? If so, maybe try to get this file, unzip it, upload the received file to administrator/components/com_osmembership/model folder, then check to see if it works

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joseph Turner

• Joseph Turner
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #140918 by Joseph Turner
Replied by Joseph Turner on topic Customize filter feature for admin Reports view
Hi Tuan,

I finally got to try this.
Adding 'tbl.group_admin_id' to config did work for searching group members by group id. Thanks!
My original question was about doing this on the Subscribers Report view. Both are helpful though.
Will this persist when Membership Pro is updated?

Another filtering issue that I'm having is with adding more dropdowns to any of the subscription/membership views. I'd like to be able to filter by any built in or custom field on the Subscribers Report and Group Members views. Ideally the solution would integrate in such a way that admins could select which fields have filtering dropdowns.

I've come across some solutions that may work, but I would have to either modify or override the models as well as the views. I'm generally fine with customizing views with template overrides, but I'm concerned about updating the models. Documentation on Joomla model overrides is discontinuous across different Joomla releases. I'm not sure what will work and what will persist when updating Membership Pro.

The greater task that this all applies to is that my client would like to generate customizable exportable reports of all of their members / subscriptions.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Joseph Turner.

• Joseph Turner
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #145704 by Joseph Turner
I'm revisiting this request after several months because the project had been put on hold. I am still dealing with the issue below (copied from my last post).

"Another filtering issue that I'm having is with adding more dropdowns to any of the subscription/membership views. I'd like to be able to filter by any built in or custom field on the Subscribers Report and Group Members views. Ideally the solution would integrate in such a way that admins could select which fields have filtering dropdowns."

More
2 years 8 months ago #145709 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, Membership Pro does not support that kind of filter

For checkboxes, radios, Select custom fields, you can edit these fields, set Filterable to Yes and it will be displayed as Filter options on Subscriptions Management screen

But that's not supported in the views you are asking for

Tuan

• Joseph Turner
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #145730 by Joseph Turner
Okay. I will look into alternative customization. Or is this perhaps something that could be requested for a future release or build of Membership Pro? Either way, can you offer any direction on a custom solution?

More
2 years 8 months ago #145731 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Joseph

To be honest, we do not have plan to support it in near future. So if you need it now, I guess you will have to customize the extension to have this feature

Regardsm

Tuan