Blind Spot of Membership Pro Articles Restriction

• hide10
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #136067 by hide10
Hello,

Publish up/down setting on "Subscription Plan > Basic Information: Advanced Settings" does not work as expected when using the Articles Restriction.

My Protection Method of Membership Pro Articles Restriction is "Hide fulltext from none subscribers". So when a non-logged-in user accesses an article, they will see "This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.".

This text contains the following sources:
Code:
<a href="[SUBSCRIPTION_URL]"><strong>click here</strong></a>

When the user clicks on the link, the SUBSCRIPTION_URL will take them to the Plan Details page.

If a user tries to access the Plan Details page at a time and date that is not published via the publish up/down setting, an error message or other message should be displayed. But now, users can access the Plan Details page at any time, regardless of the publish up/down settings.

Am I missing any settings? Or is it a flaw in the system?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136082 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

Yes, it's a flaw (not important) in the system

Currently, we only use publish up and publish down to show/hide plans on plans list page base on the publish up and publish down

We do not perform validation on plan details page. If it's really needed, we will perform that validation in the next release of the extension

Tuan

• hide10
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #136094 by hide10
Hello,

With the new service I'm currently building with Membership Pro, this flaw is unexpected and fatal. My plans are not viable and it will affect the release of the new service.
I hope you will resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by hide10.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136099 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. I will try to work on it ASAP and update you when it's done, maybe sometime next week. Currently, there are some other things I need to work on first

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: hide10

• hide10
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #136213 by hide10
Hello,

One other thing I've noticed about Membership Pro Articles Restriction.
This feature prevents even Super Users from checking the entire article from the front end. Currently I am working around this issue by creating an plan for administrator in Membership Pro. However, creating a plan for administrator makes usability a little worse in the front end.

For example, the IDs of both the normal plan and the administrator's plan will be generated as URLs like "filter_plan_ids=23,27", so I won't be able to display the normal plan directly.

If there is a solution to this problem in the future, I think Member Pro Article Restriction is a really nice feature.

Thanks