Sign-up & monthly user credits/points/discount coupons

• Gary Bartlett
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #135965 by Gary Bartlett
Hi Folks,

My soon-to be-launched membership site gives people access to content and discounts on related online courses and content.

The courses are made up of 1 to n modules.

I would like subscribers to be given the following in addition to the access they get to content, downloads and discussion.:
  1. One, two or three credits/points / 100% discount coupons (that can be applied to a training module of their choosing) depending on the sign-up term (monthly, annual or lifetime), as a sign-up incentive.
  2. One credit/point / 100% discount voucher per month, as one of their plan benefits (that they can apply to a training module of their choosing, whenever they like)
  3. The ability to buy an entire course (comprising multiple modules), using a combination of credits and payment, as required.

I see no easy way to do this automagically, within MP, so my provisional solution is to:
  1. Create a plan for each module option and each course, so that users can buy/add single modules or entire courses (comprising multiple modules).
  2. Create 100% (1-3 max-usage per user) coupons against all the training module plans for each sign-up term plan.
  3. Manually create 100% (1 max usage per user) coupons every calendar month against all training module plans - applied to each existing user. (can't apply to all plans, because new users don't qualify for monthly credits issued before they sign-up.

This is obviously not ideal - and doesn't meet the criterion of allowing users to accumulate credits and apply multiple of them to a single multi-module training course purchase.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gary
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Gary Bartlett. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.