Change to price of recurring plan

• jd1980
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #135808 by jd1980
Change to price of recurring plan was created by jd1980
Hi,

I need to change the price of some of my plans. I have both a normal plan and recurring plan for each membership type we have.

I understand that for new members the new price will be applied, and also for the non-recurring plans the new price will be applied when they renew, is that correct?

I understand that for the recurring plans, the old price will be used when they automatically renew because they have the recurring payment set up in the payment gateway (paypal).

So my question is, how do I make it so that the recurring members are paying the new price when their subscription renews? Would I have to cancel the recurring subscriptions through paypal? How would I get those members to set up a new subscription?

Many thanks,
Jen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #135822 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Change to price of recurring plan
Hi Jen

If you want members to pay new price on renewal, then Yes, you will have to cancel these recurring subscriptions and have your members to subscribe again

As it's a recurring subscription, members can only subscribe for the plan again after their current subscription expired. Please also make sure the plan has Enable Renewal parameter set to Yes, otherwise, they won't be allowed to renew the subscription

Tuan

• jd1980
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #136947 by jd1980
Replied by jd1980 on topic Change to price of recurring plan
For anyone else needing to do this, I realised that you can actually change the price for the recurring subscription in PayPal itself here:

www.paypal.com/billing/subscriptions

so you don't have to cancel recurring ones and force users to join again when there is a price change.

More
3 years 7 months ago #136948 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Change to price of recurring plan
So to be more clear, you are saying that PayPal allow us to edit the subscription from within PayPal website and change the recurring payment amount? If so, it's really great. Thanks for the information

Tuan

• jd1980
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #136954 by jd1980
Replied by jd1980 on topic Change to price of recurring plan
Hi Tuan,

Yes that is correct. I had to manually search for them in PayPal using the 'Subscription ID' which is stored in the Membership Pro subscription data, and then was able to change the amount for the subscription in PayPal

Jen