Lower Automatic Renewal Subscription Price?

• Curtis Kimble
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 1 day ago #134624 by Curtis Kimble
Lower Automatic Renewal Subscription Price? was created by Curtis Kimble
I have a subscription plan that is for one year that automatically renews. If a user remains a member after the first year and their subscription automatically renews, I would like the price to be discounted for each subsequent year. In other words, say a subscription is $100 for the first year and $80 per year after that, is that possible for an automatically renewing subscription?

I tried doing it by inputting the $100 price under Basic Information -> Price, and the lower, renewing price of $80 under Renew Options -> Price, but after the first year, the subscription automatically renewed at the full $100 price instead of $80.
I am using the Stripe Payment Plugin (version 2.14.1).

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 14 hours ago #134636 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Lower Automatic Renewal Subscription Price?
Hello

No, it's not possible. However, you can setup a plan with trial duration:

- Trial Duration: 1 Year, Trial Amount 100$
- Price: 80$
- Subscription Length: 1 Year

With that kind of setup, when users first sign up, they will be charged 100$ for next year. Then each year after that, they will only be charged 80$ per year

Maybe that should work for your need?

Tuan

• Curtis Kimble
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 2 hours ago - 1 week 26 minutes ago #134654 by Curtis Kimble
Replied by Curtis Kimble on topic Lower Automatic Renewal Subscription Price?
That works, except the "Trial" language would be confusing for the user and not very professional since "trial" implies a short, initial test and also often implies a lesser status with fewer benefits. And instead of "Price," it should say "Renewal price." Is it possible for me to change that language? Is there an override I can apply?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found where to change the "Trial" language (in "Languages" in the Dashboard).

It may be helpful to others if it was made clear in Membership Pro that the "Renew Options" don't apply to automatic renewals. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't apply.

Thanks!
Last edit: 1 week 26 minutes ago by Curtis Kimble.

• Curtis Kimble
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 days 16 hours ago #134659 by Curtis Kimble
Replied by Curtis Kimble on topic Lower Automatic Renewal Subscription Price?
If a user is a member for a couple of years and then cancels their subscription, then a year (or however long) goes by and then they sign up again, they should have to pay the full price for the first year again and not the renewal discounted price.

If I do it the way you mention with the trial setup, when the user signs up again, which price will they pay, the full price or discounted price?

More
6 days 15 hours ago #134661 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Lower Automatic Renewal Subscription Price?
Hi

If users subscribe again, they will only be charged the discounted price 80$

Tuan