Send email reminder before free trial expires

• Alex Radin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #134264 by Alex Radin
I have a recurring monthly subscription set up with a 14 day free trial. Their monthly trial would not expire after 14 days so I was not sure if there was an email to set in a different place in this case. Is there a way to trigger an email to go out 2 days before the free trial ends so they can cancel before their card gets billed if they want to? Obviously in month 2 they would not have a free trial ... just the first month.

Also on normal monthly subscriptions since their card will run automatically each month it does not make sense to send them a reminder each month that their membership is about to expire when their card will be autobilled in the case of stripe checkout recurring subscriptions. So in that case should I only be setting it to send out a reminder in the case of when their payment fails ... so perhaps several days after their subscription expires (which will only happen if their credit card fails) Let me know if I am mis-understanding how this works. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134266 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Send email reminder before free trial expires
Hello Alex

We do not have separate reminder to send to subscribers before their subscription ends, so I think you should still use standard reminder emails

Even it's recurring subscription, I think we should still send reminder emails to subscribers every month (before their subscription expires) so that they know about it (and add fund to their credit card if needed)

So in short, just use the standard reminder features in Membership Pro to send reminder emails to subscribers

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.