Members from Event Booking to Membership Pro

• Nico Bouwman
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #132973 by Nico Bouwman
Members from Event Booking to Membership Pro was created by Nico Bouwman
On my site I use Event Booking and Membership Pro.
I like to (automatic) copy participants from Event Booking to Membership Pro:
From the event date, I also want to make participants of event A a member of membership plan A. This is a free 1-year plan that can only be updated to a paid plan A2. Plan A also provides access to a specific part of the website with group rights A (the latter has already been set and works)
I want to do the same with event B participants who get access to membership plan B.

How can I easily do this automatically as much as possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #132974 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Members from Event Booking to Membership Pro
Hi Nico

No, there is no easy way for do this. You would need to write a plugin for Events Booking so that when someone registers for the event, they will be assigned to the related plan in Membership Pro

Not sure why you want to make it works like that? Maybe you just need to assign Registrants of event to the Joomla groups you want instead? If so, it's possible using Joomla groups plugin, see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins...a-groups-integration

Regards,

Tuan

• Nico Bouwman
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #132977 by Nico Bouwman
Replied by Nico Bouwman on topic Members from Event Booking to Membership Pro
Thanks Tuan,

The integration with the Joomla groups plugin is what could work, but it is not ideal. I want that someone who registers for an event, get access to a certain categorie of articles. But for max 1 year. After that he has to pay.
With Membership Pro I can make plans for this:
one for 1 year free access and 1 for 1 year payed access. And Membership Pro sends automatic mails and ask the member to update or pay again. That is why I use Membership Pro.
Your solution will work but the admin has to remember who gets access and when an after a year he has to ask those people if they will stay longer or not. And the admin has to change the group rights per user.

I think this is something more people can use.
Someone visit an event (course, seminar, ....) and get free access to a part of a website for a fixed period. And after that you can update (and pay) to have longer access.

I have thought of a different approach: sell 1 year membership (user gets access to a group and can read the articles) and get free access to the event on a certain date. Every month I have several dates for the same event. I do not know a smart way to register the users for the right day.
That is way I choose to make the events leading (user has to register and pay) and give free membership for 1 year.)

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #132978 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nico

If you want to have it works like that, you would have to have someone to develop a plugin for Events Booking:

- Allow choosing a plan for each event
- Subscriber registrant of that event to selected plan when they register for the event

I think developing a plugin like that will cost you about 100$ and will take 3 to 4 days to get it done

Tuan

• Nico Bouwman
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 days 22 hours ago #133204 by Nico Bouwman
Replied by Nico Bouwman on topic Members from Event Booking to Membership Pro
Thanks Tuan, I will think about it.
Is this something you can do for me?

Nico

More
4 days 5 hours ago #133226 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nico

Yes. If you agree with that quotation, we can do it for you. Just submit a support ticket when you are ready to start the development

Regards,

Tuan